Looking for recommendations on cookware?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
I know this is a smoking website, but most on here seem to enjoy all kinds of cooking. We are looking to replace our 30-year-old cookware. I am looking for recommendations. I see a lot of promotions for Hexclad, but it seems to be a bit spendy. Not that I am against buying quality, I just don't want to over pay for advertising or poor quality. I would like to hear some recommendations on some higher-quality cookware that will last 10-15 years.

The best pan I have is a Caannasweis Nonstick Pan Marble Frying Pan Non Stick Skillet 10". Have had it for quite some time and every bit as non stick as day 1. Eggs just slide out. I have bought another brand set of marble granite and so far so good. I do look for induction when shopping just because they heavy duty and do use my burners sometime. I used one this weekend and man they heat up fast. Good luck.

My wife did a lot of research and settled on a 10 piece All-Clad set a couple of years ago. It's been a great set for us. She was kinda evasive about what it cost, and having just looked it up for this post, I think I understand why. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...n6HRECQ9ThEt26eeCOqcS3MzpZC0AwkUaAnetEALw_wcB
I found the same set when researching and saw the price at COSTCO. how long have you had the set? I'm willing to pay for quality but want to make sure it is the last set I buy.

I’ve had a similar All Clad set for close to 30 years and they are as good today as the day I bought them. Also have some of their non sticks pans, and while the non stick functions just ok, they have also held up fine which is saying something for non stick cookware, which often flakes off cheaper sets. If I were buying again, I think I would skip the non stick and just get all stainless.

Be careful buying All Clad though, they have some cheaper product lines that are thinner and made in China. They aren’t nearly as good, although they look very similar to the better grade lines. The better grade stuff was built in the USA and heavier gauge.

I switched to an induction cooktop several years ago and spent a lot of time looking for new cookware since my old stuff wasn't induction compatible. I was leaning towards All Clad but found that their handles hurt my hands. I ended up getting the Williams-Sonoma ThermoClad. Comparable to All Clad but with nicer handles and lids - and a bit less expensive.

If you like cast iron or carbon steel, take a look at SolidTeknic. It's machine-wrought from a single piece of iron. No rivets and lighter than cast iron. They've also come out with stainless pans made in a similar fashion as their wrought iron. They have an almost cult-like following:

My wife did a lot of research and settled on a 10 piece All-Clad set a couple of years ago. It's been a great set for us. She was kinda evasive about what it cost, and having just looked it up for this post, I think I understand why.
We got an All Clad set as a wedding gift over 32 years ago. I use them everyday. They are awesome. The only problem is the handle gets a little hot if you cook at a higher temp. We solved that problem by putting wine corks, 4 or 5 of them in the handle. You won't be dissapointed. There is no shortage of wine corks here, they get replaced frequently.

We have the All-Clad nonstick frying and saute pans. They are awesome. We also have the All-Clad stainless frying and saute pans. Also awesome if you use them correctly.

We have stainless steel sauce and Dutch ovens we brought into our marriage over 41 years ago. I have no idea who made them.

I've bought stuff from Costco. They seem to have about a 5-7 lifespan if non-stick.

I found the same set when researching and saw the price at COSTCO. how long have you had the set? I'm willing to pay for quality but want to make sure it is the last set I buy.
We've had our set for only three years or so. To my eye, they still look brand new, so I've no reason to think they won't hold up over the long haul, but we don't have that much experience with them yet.

I worked as a cook in a restaurant during my high school days and the owner who I cooked next to swore by All-clad. Those pans would go through high heat sear and 500F finish for everything we cooked and then be subjected to industrial cleaners and soaps day in and day out and didn't skip a beat. All clad is the way to go that's my go to for everything. I own other pans and nothing compares and far as durability and even heat distribution.

We have stainless steel sauce and Dutch ovens we brought into our marriage over 41 years ago. I have no idea who made them.
Is it Revere ware ? I have a pre 1986 set that I've had for close to 40 years . No longer made , but it last a really long time if cared for .

Reactions: gmc2003
Is it Revere ware ? I have a pre 1986 set that I've had for close to 40 years . No longer made , but it last a really long time if cared for .

My wife's set she brought to the marriage was purchased from a door-to-door salesman. It has no markings on ANY on the pans or lids. They are heavy duty and perform like champs.

I found markings on mine. I believe I bought them from Kmart in 1974 when I got a dorm room with a kitchen at university. Either that or 1977 when I got an apartment in the Navy. Probably also from Kmart because I shopped there a lot. They are lighter weight. Marked as "Duncan Hines" by Revere Ware.

Went and looked again
I'm figuring it out on the fly myself . From looking at Revere ware stuff , I've seen the Regal ware . I use mine almost everyday since I got them . Still in great shape .
Now you have me wondering what the other set you have is .
It's funny , years ago we remodeled the housewares department in Dillard's department store. All the guy's were checking out the pots , pans and gadgets . The sales gal says " I never knew your type liked this stuff " Lol .

I'm figuring it out on the fly myself . From looking at Revere ware stuff , I've seen the Regal ware . I use mine almost everyday since I got them . Still in great shape .
Now you have me wondering what the other set you have is .
It's funny , years ago we remodeled the housewares department in Dillard's department store. All the guy's were checking out the pots , pans and gadgets . The sales gal says " I never knew your type liked this stuff " Lol .
My wife did a summer job I'm university where she sold books and magazines door-to-door in Baltimore. She bought the cookware because she has a soft spot for those who do the same.

Reactions: chopsaw
The best pan I have is a Caannasweis Nonstick Pan Marble Frying Pan Non Stick Skillet 10". Have had it for quite some time and every bit as non stick as day 1. Eggs just slide out. I have bought another brand set of marble granite and so far so good. I do look for induction when shopping just because they heavy duty and do use my burners sometime. I used one this weekend and man they heat up fast. Good luck.
Thanks for sharing it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky