Looking for recommendations on cookware?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wife likes nonstick we've had several sets of T-Fal and they did good for awhile but then the nonstick started flaking off. She went with a different nonstick that held up for a few years but then stuff started sticking. Several months ago I started looking for a new nonstick set and looked at the All-Clad hard anodized I kept looking at what lots of sites recommended and ended up buying a T-Fal hard anodized set we'll see how it stands up.

Bringing this thread back up, but I'm kind of looking at cookware sets. I see the made-in stuff advertised and was curious if anyone here has any thoughts on this cookware.

I started the thread and am still looking. I am close to purchasing Missen stainless steel. I can get a 12 piece set for under $400 with their 20% off coupon. The 5 ply pans are as thick as the All-Clad D5 pans

Bringing this thread back up, but I'm kind of looking at cookware sets. I see the made-in stuff advertised and was curious if anyone here has any thoughts on this cookware.
I do not have any Made in stuff personally but I have a buddy who does and has since replaced a majority of his All Clad stainless pans.

All-Clad for regular, any cheap nonstick with a decent thickness on the bottom, because you’ll throw them away every couple of years.

Reactions: Dave in AZ
I have become a fan of Granite induction cookware. I don't usually use induction but they are heavy duty. I have one pan that is few years old now I only use for eggs. It still all most like brand new. Eggs slide right out and scrambled do not stick. I also have a set of Red Granite I have had for couple years that are great non stick! So much better than the old Teflon.

Reactions: Dave in AZ
I bought a set of Anolon cookware about 8 years ago. So far they work very well. Last Fall I picked up some Henkel frying pans from Costco. They were nice, but one year later and they are starting to wear. My kids are hard on my cookware. The only pan they cannot use is my cast iron skillet (Lodge).
Next set will be after my kids move out. Until then nothing too expensive.

All-Clad for most things, and hundred-plus-year-old Griswold for cast iron skillets and a dutch oven.

I can't take credit for the outstanding choices; my wife researched and bought the All-Clad, and apparently my grandmother, or possible great-grandmother, did the same with the Griswold.

I know this is a smoking website, but most on here seem to enjoy all kinds of cooking. We are looking to replace our 30-year-old cookware. I am looking for recommendations. I see a lot of promotions for Hexclad, but it seems to be a bit spendy. Not that I am against buying quality, I just don't want to over pay for advertising or poor quality. I would like to hear some recommendations on some higher-quality cookware that will last 10-15 years.
I'm usually the different one here, but I won't use "teflony" or no stick pans....full stop.
I bought a full set of Cuisinart SS pans before the Chinese revolution(10-15 years ago). I've never shopped for others, because the Cuisinarts from decades still look and cook like new. I do have a few "teflon" pots left by ex's. Good for warming soup. period. I've been glancing at the "Made-in" line, but have no reason to buy.

i bought a full set of cuisinart 5-6 years ago. i don't know if they are chinese now as the set was north of$450. I've been very happy with them to date. i cant cook on teflon pans, but that's just me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky