Looking for new states to duck hunt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 11, 2013
Any members here duck hunters? My dog scout and myself are looking for new states to hunt in this coming year. We live in Michigan and have been to arkansas & Maine to hunt ducks. We are heading to Louisiana in a few weeks for the first time. If any members could point us to a good guide service in your state or wouldn’t mind us tagging along with you sometime next year we’d sure appreciate it. We are willing to travel just about anywhere for new experiences and we love meeting new people. Meeting people from this forum would be cool as we’d have ducks and bbq in common.

Scout is 6 years old and fully trained.

A95FE11C-FC03-48C5-BB2A-84114332729D.jpeg

Scout

Thanks in advance
Scott

Wish I could meet up with you, but my current career makes duck hunting difficult. But I grew up hunting Lansing, Iowa. I never did an outfitter, but I found this one with google:

My father And I hunted goose and duck in Arkansa, Louisiana, South Dakota, Canada, Missouri, etc….and I don’t think anyplace ever touched how awesome hunting on the Mississippi near Lansing was. Highly recommended!

I appreciate that info! Maybe one day we will be able to meet up!
Thanks
Scott

Johnny wink.

i heard it’s slow down there right now so I’m expecting to kill more beers than ducks.
Scott

Well...it is in the lower 80's all week this week. But, suppose to get a big cold front this weekend. We have not had our first freeze yet. I still have tomatoes and peppers on the vine. LOL! I am about as serious a duck hunter as they come....been chasing waterfowl for 37 years. And I have not even fired a shot here in Louisiana this season. Hurricane Ida killed all the feed where I hunt, so I've been traveling north for ducks and geese, and doing more deer meat hunting.

Well...it is in the lower 80's all week this week. But, suppose to get a big cold front this weekend. We have not had our first freeze yet. I still have tomatoes and peppers on the vine. LOL! I am about as serious a duck hunter as they come....been chasing waterfowl for 37 years. And I have not even fired a shot here in Louisiana this season. Hurricane Ida killed all the feed where I hunt, so I've been traveling north for ducks and geese, and doing more deer meat hunting.
Wow. I’m sorry to hear that. I’m hoping we get a little bit of luck cause we’re gonna need it.
Scott

Reactions: bigfurmn
Ask the Minesota members (not me, not a hunter). My extended family has hunted for years always have good luck in the fall. I could ask them for recommendations.

Ask the Minesota members (not me, not a hunter). My extended family has hunted for years always have good luck in the fall. I could ask them for recommendations.
I appreciate it! Never been to Minnesota.

tnanks,
Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky