Looking for new Grilled Shrimp recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I have tried a couple new shrimp recipes and have not been that great. I have a couple that I really like but want to add something new. Hit me with your favorite grilled shrimp!

Jumbo crab meat stuffed shrimp. Sorry I don't have a recipe handy, but it's pretty simple and very good.

Chris

Reactions: Sowsage
I really like brushing them with Frank's sweet chilli sauce while on a hot grill. Then serve over white rice. I love that stuff
. Screenshot_20201006-083937~2.png
For a low carb version you could use G.Hughes sugar free and then serve over cauliflower rice with some cilantro and lime.
Screenshot_20201006-084121~2.png
Real quick and easy meal.

Skewer shrimp. Apply Weber Honey Garlic rub and set in fridge to marinade. Brush with avocado oil, add more rub and grill over direct coals til just done.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Here ya go. Something to consider.

Mind is a plain and simple recipe. Shell the shrimp and then coat them with olive oil then coat with old bay seasoning put on skewers and grill till done to your liking.

Warren

For me any way you cook shrimp. I’m good with it!
We have a bunch of shrimp recipes, but my favorite is blackened shrimp over grits.
Al

Depending on how many shrimp you want to skewer, 6 jalapeños seeded and thrown into a food processor with fresh garlic lemon juice, pulverize it, marinade 30 minutes leave as much on them as you can when you put them on the grill, oh and salt/ pepper to your taste

SsHqkSq.jpg
Skewering makes it easier and faster to turn
Eg5CmSG.jpg
Camarones al Mojo de Ajo
Shrimp marinated in Garlic
1 lb. large prawns
6 cloves of garlic (I go heavier)
1/2 - 3/4 t salt
3/4 t fresh ground pepper
3/4 t white vinegar
3-6 T olive oil
3-5 T fresh lime juice
Chile powder - Guajillo

Mix all ingredients and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on size of your shrimp. Grill raised direct over lump charcoal.

Thanks. I have several to try. I will share one of mine from Bobby Flay

Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Cilantro-Mint Chutney
Shrimp:
2 tablespoons red chile powder, such as ancho or New Mexican red
2 tablespoons garam marsala
2 tablespoons canola oil
Juice of 2 lemons
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound large shrimp (21/24), shelled, deveined, tails left on and patted dry

Cilantro-Mint Chutney:
1 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves
4 scallions, chopped
1 Thai chile, finely minced
Zest of 1 lime
1 to 2 tablespoons honey
1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

or the shrimp: Whisk together the chile powder, garam marsala, canola oil, lemon juice in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat in the mixture. Let marinate for 15 minutes.

Prepare a charcoal grill for direct grilling, high heat.

For the chutney: Combine the cilantro, mint, scallions, chile, 1 tablespoon each honey and canola oil, lime zest, and some salt and pepper in a food processor. Process to make a smooth paste. Taste; add honey, if desired, or more oil to make a sauce that will cling to the shrimp.

Thread 2 skewers through 3 shrimp so that the shrimp lay flat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides and just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.

Remove the shrimp to a platter and serve with the cilantro-mint chutney.

20200308_171418.jpg

One more. This not grilled but very good and easy. I like to pour over egg noodles but good by itself.

Coconut Lime Shrimp
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on or removed)
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 c. coconut milk
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp. sriracha

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, 2 minutes per side.
Pour over coconut milk and squeeze with lime juice. Top with cilantro and Sriracha and stir to combine.Reduce heat to low and simmer, 5 minutes.Garnish with cilantro and serve.

gallery-1475509737-delish-coconut-lime-shrimp-pin-3.jpg

Reactions: jrbab
I really like brushing them with Frank's sweet chilli sauce while on a hot grill. Then serve over white rice. I love that stuff
I ordered some. Could of got 1/2 gallon for about $11 but figured better stick with a bottle. Also found my Tabasco Sweet & Spicy Pepper Sauce and ordered couple bottles.

I ordered some. Could of got 1/2 gallon for about $11 but figured better stick with a bottle. Also found my Tabasco Sweet & Spicy Pepper Sauce and ordered couple bottles.
Awesome.. Let me know how you like it. I use it on a lot of stuff.

Grilled or Smoked, been making these for over 30 years...

Shrimp Fajita Marinade

1/4C Red Wine Vinegar or Fresh Lime Juice
1/4C Olive Oil
2T Soy Sauce
2T Brown Sugar
1T Chili Powder
1tsp Oregano, Mexican preferred.
1/2tsp Kosher Salt
1/2tsp Black Pepper
3-4 Cloves Garlic, Minced.

Combine all and whisk well. Set aside.
Clean Shrimp and add to marinade.
Marinate 30 minutes and drain Shrimp.
Thread on soaked bamboo skewers.
Smoke, 30 minutes at 225 or Grill as desired till just cooked through.
Makes about 3/4 Cup, enough for 1-2 pounds of Shrimp.
Note: Great on Chicken and Beef also.
Marinate 8 to 12 hours.

Another Favorite Recipe..

BBQ Shrimp and Grits

2lbs Large shrimp, rinsed, shelled and patted dry
2T Cajun Blackening Spice
8T Unsalted butter
1T Minced Garlic
6ea Scallions, whites finely sliced. Green portion chopped and reserved
1T Worcestershire sauce
1teaspoon Hot red pepper sauce or TT
1cup Shrimp Stock
1⁄2cup Dry white wine
1T Lemon juice
Optional: 8oz Tasso or Back Bacon, small dice.

Toss Shrimp with spice blend and rest at least 15 minutes.
Heat a pan over high heat. Melt the Butter and add the Garlic and white part of the Scallions. (Add the pork if using.) Saute until fragrant then add Shimp.
Saute the shrimp until they turn pink and begin to curl, about 2 minutes.
Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Deglaze pan with the remaining sauce ingredient. Bring to a boil and reduce and simmer 5 minutes.
Drain any liquid that has accumulated and add to the pan, simmer 2 minutes.
Add the Shrimp to the pan.
Cook stirring frequently until hot and cooked to desired doneness.
Serve in bowls with Crusty Bread. Garnish with reserved Green Scallions.

Seasoning..This is .my Go To Rub for Pork and Seafood. Leave out the Sugar to season the shimp!

Cajun Blackening Spice
1/4C Paprika**
2T Kosher Salt
2T Garlic Powder
2T Onion Powder
2T Mustard Powder
2T Chili Powder
1T Celery Leaves
2tsp Celery Seed
2tsp Black Pepper
1tsp White Pepper
1-2tsp Cayenne
2tsp Dry Oregano
2tsp Dry Thyme

Grind the Oregano, Thyme, Celery Flake and Seed. Mix all and store in air tight container, up to 3 months...
Makes about 1 Cup.
** If you wish you can use Smoked Paprika in the recipe. This will give a seasoning that will add some "Smokey flavor" to Grilled, Sauteed, Fried or Roasted meat, not just stuff you smoke...JJ

Creamy Cheese Grits

2cups Whole Milk
2cups Water or Stock
1/2cup Heavy Cream
1tsp Kosher Salt
1cup Corn meal
1/2tsp Black Pepper
4Tbs Butter
4oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese or Gruyere

Place the milk, water, cream and salt into a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once the milk mixture comes to a boil, gradually add the cornmeal while continually whisking. Once all of the cornmeal has been incorporated, decrease the heat to low and cover. Remove lid and whisk frequently, every 3 to 4 minutes, to prevent grits from sticking or forming lumps; make sure to get into corners of pot when whisking. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is creamy.

Remove from the heat, add the pepper and butter, and whisk to combine. Once the butter is melted, gradually whisk in the cheese a little at a time. Serve immediately!

• Love
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky