Looking for Chicken Wing Marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkriet

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 21, 2015
Dayton, OH
Anyone have a good marinade for chicken wings? Looking to smoke a couple trays for a party tomorrow. Never done the marinade before, usually just put a rub on them and throw some smoke. I usually smoke for awhile and then finish on the grill and then toss with sauce.

Interested to hear what you guys have to say.

Thanks,

Ill second the scarbelly wings! Otherwise I think a BRINE is better for wings than a marinade. Scarbelly wings are neither since the sauce is on the inside!
Time-wise should get them brining now if you go that route.

Ill second the scarbelly wings! Otherwise I think a BRINE is better for wings than a marinade. Scarbelly wings are neither since the sauce is on the inside!
Time-wise should get them brining now if you go that route.

I have two trays of wings, and thought about splitting them into two different batches. I like the idea of the sauce on the inside. Has anyone ever tried a different version of this? I was thinking for those that don't like spicy, Italian dressing and sprinkle some Italian herbs on the outside might be worth a shot. That or a mild version of jerk chicken. My creative juices are flowing at this point, so there's no telling what I'll come up with.

I have messed around with the scarbelly wings. Instead of Franks, or any other typical hot wing sauce you can use whatever you want- BBQ sauce, Teriyaki, and yes a creamy Italian sounds wonderful! I think you are on the right track!
Lets se 'em!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Telling you...you cant go wrong here...

Italian Dressing, Franks Red Hot, and Worcestershire sauce.
+1 on this route, I usually do Franks, buttermilk and salt myself but this sounds tasty. I also give them a good rub of my seasoning before I stick in the brine.

I have messed around with the scarbelly wings. Instead of Franks, or any other typical hot wing sauce you can use whatever you want- BBQ sauce, Teriyaki, and yes a creamy Italian sounds wonderful! I think you are on the right track!
Lets se 'em!

Man you just put a wonderful idea in my head...creamy Italian dressing injected wings sounds phenomenal

Well boys.... I think I know what we're doing here. Going to give this a whirl. I'll be sure to put a post up with the results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky