Looking for CB recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atcnick

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
Longview, Texas
My wife is doing southbeach diet and canadian bacon is her breakfast meat of choice.    I finagle a way for me to cure and smoke more meat without her complaining about it by offering to make homemade CB.  And since storebought CB is pretty pricey.

So Im looking for some good CB recipes out there, perhaps ones that are somewhat low in sugar.  Thanks guys.

If you want to lose some weight get off those carbs and and hit the meat and green stuff...you can lose it quick...

according to the south beach diet, cb is a lot healthier than belly bacon.  Im guessing cause its much leaner.  Whatever excuse I can get to play with meat and fire...

what she doesnt know is that im also doing a couple butts of buckboard and gonna make some sausage too.  Hey, save money on wood and smoke it all at once, right?  hahah

Last edited:
Make the Canadian bacon the same way you make your buck board bacon you are just using pork loin instead of pork butt.

That's what I ended up doing.
Nick,

You can always look to see if I have a "step by step" of whatever you're looking for, in my signature at the bottom of any of my posts.

In this case it would be "Boneless Smoked Pork Chops/Canadian Bacon".

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky