Looking for Bob Evans style recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

custom99

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Pittsburgh - South Hills
I ended up with about 2 lbs of ground pork left over from a cookout. Does anyone know of a recipe that I could use to make this into a Bob Evans breakfast style sausage? What herb and spices or another idea for the meat?

Sorry no Q-view on this one. I just ended up using salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, sage, marjoram, brown sugar, onion powder, and garlic powder. I just mixed it up and browned it off. I did not want the meat to go to waste. I like to have some in the freezer at all times to use on pizza and in omelets and sausage gravy. Now that I see that I can do a decent tasting sausage I will start experimenting and look into casings in the future.

Are LEM mixes available in grocery stores?

I Know
th_nopicsye3.gif
 so here is a pic of the frozen sausage.

29839dfe_sausage.jpg

Bob Evans restaurants are all I can ever remember around here along with Dennys. They have a whole line of meats and frozen meals. It is real close to Jimmy Dean but I still like Evans a little more. I will check out the Jimmy Dean clones.

Breakfast style

3.5 lbs lean beef or pork

1.5 lb pork butt

2 Tbs salt

1.5 Tbs sugar

1 Tbs dehydrated bell pepper...this is optional

1/2 tsp crushed red pepper

1/2 tsp cayenne

1/2 tsp ginger...powder

1/2 tsp nutmeg

3/4 Tbs thyme

1 Tbs rubbed sage (add more if you like strong sage)

1/2 cup non fat dry milk

3/4 cup water

If you have bulk cube meat grind 1 time thru med plate. Add the dry to the water and mix, this will incorporate better into the meat.

You can make into patties or stuff into casings.

NOTE: This is fresh style sausage. Non smoked. Eat within 3 days or wrap and freeze.

Reactions: zwiller
Halloween inspired necro post! :emoji_laughing:

Rick, is that formula similar to Bob Evans? I recall you were for PA so you might have had it. Great sausage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky