Looking for a Small inexpensive Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

liquiddirt

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Louisiana
I have a WSM. Which is fantastic. The only problem I have with the WSM is when I go camping I really don't like hauling the WSM. Guess I just love it too much and would hate to bend or mess it up while camping. I am looking for a much smaller smoker. One that is also cheap. That way if I smash it while camping I haven't lost anything of great value. I would also like it to be a charcoal smoker. I can go with propane if charcoal is not available for what I am looking for. Thank you all for the help.

Goose

I don't know if you would have enough room in your camping set up to do it or not, but a WSM would fit perfectly in one of those plastic 55 gallon sized barrels. Just cut off the top and set it down in there and pack a couple blankets around it.

If you find the barrels they make an excellent wind break for the WSM as well. Cut off both ends and just slip it over the smoker on windy days. Leave a little bit on the top to set a block if you want to help weight it down on really windy days. Also, when you cut off the bottom you can do so and leave the bottom intact with a 4 inch or so side and then you have a perfect sized shallow pan to soak and clean grates.

Thank you all for the info. I'm thinking the ECB may be the way to go. I love my WSM but just don't want to take the chance of it getting banged up. Thanks once again.

Goose

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky