Looking for a reliable smoker up to $1000

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
craigslist and facebook market place may turn up a gently used stick burner in your area that fits your budget.

Reactions: jcam222
You can get Hunsaker drum for that price if you are not averse to going with charcoal.

I have a charcoal cabinet smoker and I love it.

JC :emoji_cat:

So this is the latest. Pit Boss wants me to take this thing apart to diagnose what is wrong. I am not a handy person and the chances of a wrong diagnose is very possible. Is there a brand that provides service if needed ?

So this is the latest. Pit Boss wants me to take this thing apart to diagnose what is wrong. I am not a handy person and the chances of a wrong diagnose is very possible. Is there a brand that provides service if needed ?

Based on your statements, I really think you would be much happier with a low tech, charcoal smoker. They are very basic in operation, cleaning, maintenance, etc. Also, if you go with a barrel smoker, you can get replacement parts for every component. Many can be gotten at your local hardware store.

You can still get near set and forget control on a charcoal smoker by use of a pit controller.

You don't really need to be handy to hook one up or use a pit controller.

My $0.02

Based on your statements, I really think you would be much happier with a low tech, charcoal smoker. They are very basic in operation, cleaning, maintenance, etc. Also, if you go with a barrel smoker, you can get replacement parts for every component. Many can be gotten at your local hardware store.

You can still get near set and forget control on a charcoal smoker by use of a pit controller.

You don't really need to be handy to hook one up or use a pit controller.

My $0.02

Makes sense. I am evaluating this option instead

Along those same lines, could consider the mentioned WSM or a kamado style. No mechanicals, and the kamado will outlive you.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky