Looking for a killer bbq sauce for wagyu ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnredcorn

Original poster
Jan 23, 2023
I bought 3 huge racks of wagyu beef ribs and I'm looking for a good brand name sauce that goes well with beef...
Any suggestions?

Reactions: JLeonard
I bought 3 huge racks of wagyu beef ribs and I'm looking for a good brand name sauce that goes well with beef...
Any suggestions?
To each their own, I strongly believe in that. I also strongly believe if you put bbq sauce on those ribs you will be struck down by a bolt of lightning shortly after. But anyway, hope they turn out great!

If you must sauce them then I could use Cattlemans or Sweet Baby Rays and cut it 50/50 with a good Au Jus

Reactions: wimpy69
Any suggestions?
Hi there and welcome!

Best bbq sauce in the world to me is Rudy's BBQ Sause but you would have to order it online. That is my answer to your question.

Now to the other points being made.
I too wouldn't sauce the ribs while cooking at all.
I would have sauce at the table and you dip or add at the table.

I do this all the time because I love love love sauces. I just add accordingly :)

For seasoning I'm also very partial to Salt, Pepper, Onion, Garlic (SPOG).

That's my 2 cents :)

Any suggestions?
Well hello John, glad to have you join us. I'm with the others as to no sauce, but if you feel you must, have it available on the side for dipping...

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm looking for a good brand name sauce that goes well with beef...
Any suggestions?
I'll give you a suggestion . Andria's Brush on steak sauce . Local to the St. Louis area , so I can buy it off the shelf . Otherwise I think you'll need to order online . It's great stuff , and has several uses . Brush on at the end or use it on the plate . Works as a browning agent too . Nothing like a typical steak sauce .

Hello John and welcome!

Glad to see your open to suggestions...that's what this forum is all about! I'll second Al's suggestion - if you really must have sauce, and horseradish sauce is good on beef...or maybe just a nice au jus made from your drippings.

Red

Reactions: chilerelleno
Good move OP. I’d never heard of that and maybe there was something new I didn’t ‘now about. Good luck on your smoke and enjoy those awesome ribs.

Good call on going naked on them. Man especially being Wagyu. Even choice beef ribs are rich and juicy. I like using SPOG and when it starts to slurry a very light coating of fine ground espresso.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky