Looking for a good lump charcoal to order by mail

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

holliday50

Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
I live in Northwest Arkansas, and it seems like fewer & fewer stores carry good lump charcoal. I had been using the stuff Sam's carries, but they even stopped carrying that in the past few months. Every other store that carries "lump" charcoal needs to rename their produce to "shavings" charcoal...it's tiny stuff and would fall through my grates too fast. I like a lump with some bigger pieces in it. Are there any good quality lump charcoals that you can reasonably order online & have shipped? Any recommendations?

All done with lump...way to inconsistent.

A good quality briquette yields better time/temp consistency.

I don't have access to the best thought of lump, so I haven't got any experience with the best, but I share Normanaj's thought's. I'm real happy with the consistency, and dependability of quality briquettes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky