• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Looking for a good lump charcoal to order by mail

holliday50

Joined Nov 26, 2012
I live in Northwest Arkansas, and it seems like fewer & fewer stores carry good lump charcoal. I had been using the stuff Sam's carries, but they even stopped carrying that in the past few months. Every other store that carries "lump" charcoal needs to rename their produce to "shavings" charcoal...it's tiny stuff and would fall through my grates too fast. I like a lump with some bigger pieces in it. Are there any good quality lump charcoals that you can reasonably order online & have shipped? Any recommendations?

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
All done with lump...way to inconsistent.

A good quality briquette yields better time/temp consistency.

one eyed jack

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 11, 2014
All done with lump...way to inconsistent.

A good quality briquette yields better time/temp consistency.
I don't have access to the best thought of lump, so I haven't got any experience with the best, but I share Normanaj's thought's. I'm real happy with the consistency, and dependability of quality briquettes.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.