• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Looking at a new pellet smoker..

WeberBlackStoneYoder

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 13, 2018
Well yes that is what I have on my deck. A big green egg and a RECTEC 700. Psst a big green egg is a kamado cooker. Kamado cookers are a style of ceramic cookers. Big green egg is a brand.
Psst.. my neighbor has a Kamado and my brother has the Big Green Egg, I know the difference do you?

mike guy

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 12, 2019
Yes I do. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamado

if you do a google search for big green egg the first hit is literally big green egg the best kamado cooker. Do some light research on the word, friend.

A big green egg is a brand. It’s an implementation of the kamado cooker style. There is also a kamado joe brand that is also a kamado cooker style. The big green egg is to kamado cookers as Rec TEC or traeger is to pellet grills.

I’ve owned a big green egg for 12 years.

WeberBlackStoneYoder

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 13, 2018
Yes I do. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamado

if you do a google search for big green egg the first hit is literally big green egg the best kamado cooker. Do some light research on the word, friend.

A big green egg is a brand. It’s an implementation of the kamado cooker style. There is also a kamado joe brand that is also a kamado cooker style. The big green egg is to kamado cookers as Rec TEC or traeger is to pellet grills.

I’ve owned a big green egg for 12 years.
Ok mike guy, I guess you really showed me a thing or two. You keep doing your thing and I will do mine. Kamado best high temp direct heat grill in your experience. Got it thanks.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.