Look what I have to work with...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingohiobutcher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 21, 2009
The North Coast of Ohio
All this week  we are cutting and packaging lots of standing rib roasts like these

14d0b414_1220101155b.jpg

cecc5b3e_1220101155a.jpg

The one on the bottom of the first pic goes home with me to thank my neighbor for snowplowing our driveway for the winter.

It sure is hard to let some of these beautys go!

SOB

Those look awesome I plan to be picking up a couple here tomorrow to do on Christmas

I just picked up another 12 pounder today.  It's still on sale here at $4.77 per pound.  So far, I've bought about 42 pounds and cut most of it into steaks.
icon_eek.gif

Working with those would bankrupt me, I would have to buy as many as the freezer would hold...

We are selling them for $5.99 lb this year...the meat director for our chain of stores went with $6.99 lb for all the other stores.

I made an executive decision and lowered it for our store to drive more sales.

It seems to be working well!

SOB

Nice looking rib roasts, ahhh how well I remember!  Our oldest son just ordered a full 7 rib for Christmas dinner last weekend from Albertson's for us.  Many many many moons ago at my dad's store we had to order in extra forequarters to have enough ribs for Christmas.  20 or more fores to have enough for customers.  And, that was 20 or more chucks, shanks and plates we'd have to get rid of the following week!  Of course this was long before boxed beef. But, dad was a good merchandiser and was creative; he'd turn most of the plates into beef bacon, sell the shanks in ground round sales and knuckle bone soup sales, bone out the chucks into english, shoulder clod and chuck roll roasts for corned beef and freeze them for later pickling for St. Patty's day, and make up big 70lb. batches of beef and pork meatballs and freeze them for retail sales (as he had a processing license he could do this) and use up all the trimmings.  Me and my brother had the arduous task of scooping out and hand-rolling all the meatballs, laying them out on full sheet baking trays and decorating with paprika and parsley, then traying them up in foil trays 12 meatballs to a package, wrapping, labeling and freezing them.  Customers loved the meatballs as they could just thaw and cook them, no messy work involved (again long before commercially made meatballs came into being). 

I feel like Mr Rogers. Would you be my neighbor?

SOB those are some great looking hunks of tasty goodness. I hear that the dry ice program works real good to get one to Calif
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky