Lonestar Grillz or Lang?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tennesseejed

Original poster
Oct 19, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm used to big green egg's and have been cooking on them for about 5 years now and really love em.  However I need more space and feel like true BBQ comes off of brick or steel pits.  This being the case I have been researching the hell out of various pit makers and for the moment have narrowed it down to 2 specific pits.  I'm eyeing the lonestar grillz hybrid smoker/grill combo with the firebox underneath.  I really like the idea of the radiant heat being transferred to the pit because it's underneath and I could get a smaller whole hog.  Anyone have any advice or experience with this manufacturer of this pit specifically?  The other pit i'm seriousy considering is the Lang 36 hybrid deluxe.  I really have no use for the grill on the pit since I have a Big Green Egg I could use for grilling, but I like the idea of the "warmer box" to help cook ribs, or chicken while larger cuts are in the pipe smoker.  My question is does the "warmer" function as a true vertical smoker or is it just a warmer.  Any thoughts or opinions on either of these pits would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks guys. 

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky