Lolli Pops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
I had some chicken wings and I thought I would try this

so I made some lolli pops out of the wings, but the little lady wanted some buffalo wings so we compramized

I gave her the drummets and I took the wingets

So anyway, I seasoned with a little CBP and on the smoker
84616700_lollipop004.jpg
smoked @ 220ºfor about 2hrs with cherry wood and brushed with some apple glaze at the end

16e7dd2a_lollipop002.jpg

Thanks for checkin out my lolli pops!

a2c20a2c_lollipop010.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man you have some fine looking lilli-pops. I have made them for appetizers before and they are really labor intensive too. I wish I could do it as easy as Jacques P'epin does but I'm not a trained chef I just heat stuff up. But they are really cool looking and they tasted really good to. 

Congrats on a great post, and thanks for sharing the Q View too. I used to really enjoy those lollipops at a Chinese buffet, until they moved elsewhere. It's all good my friend.

Awesome Rap !!!

Great looking Horse ovaries!

Those aren't exactly "all day suckers"--That whole dish looks like about a 10 minute snack. MMMmmmmm........

Bear

Raptor700, Thanks for the how to post....  I'm always looking for a new way to serve chicken and that looks like a winner for game day..... Smoke some and maybe fry some.....MMMmmmm!!!!! Again, Thanks for the post. Shoneyboy

They look great!  Any comments on flavor and texture?
Thanks Fourthwind, The texture was great, I did brush with melted butter every ½ hr to keep the meat moist. When you roll the meat down to make the pop the skin is in the center and no longer helps keep the meat moist, But it does make for a juicy center.The flavor was good, the apple glaze was sweeter than expected. The one thing I would do differently next time is add some spicy rub to the pops for a little sweet/Heat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky