• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Lolli Pops

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
I had some chicken wings and I thought I would try this

so I made some lolli pops out of the wings, but the little lady wanted some buffalo wings so we compramized

I gave her the drummets and I took the wingets

So anyway, I seasoned with a little CBP and on the smokersmoked @ 220ºfor about 2hrs with cherry wood and brushed with some apple glaze at the end

Thanks for checkin out my lolli pops!

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Pretty awesome Raptor, I would have never thought of doing them that way.

Nice work.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
They look very cool. well done

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009
They look great!  Any comments on flavor and texture?

Last edited:

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Man oh Man you have some fine looking lilli-pops. I have made them for appetizers before and they are really labor intensive too. I wish I could do it as easy as Jacques P'epin does but I'm not a trained chef I just heat stuff up. But they are really cool looking and they tasted really good to. 

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Congrats on a great post, and thanks for sharing the Q View too. I used to really enjoy those lollipops at a Chinese buffet, until they moved elsewhere. It's all good my friend.

shoneyboy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2010
Great looking lollipops !  (Stupid question) How do you get the shape? SB

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Nov 18, 2010
i'm trying to figure out how you made those?

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Awesome Rap !!!

Great looking Horse ovaries!

Those aren't exactly "all day suckers"--That whole dish looks like about a 10 minute snack. MMMmmmmm........

Bear

shoneyboy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2010
Raptor700, Thanks for the how to post....  I'm always looking for a new way to serve chicken and that looks like a winner for game day..... Smoke some and maybe fry some.....MMMmmmm!!!!! Again, Thanks for the post. Shoneyboy

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
They look great!  Any comments on flavor and texture?
Thanks Fourthwind, The texture was great, I did brush with melted butter every ½ hr to keep the meat moist. When you roll the meat down to make the pop the skin is in the center and no longer helps keep the meat moist, But it does make for a juicy center.The flavor was good, the apple glaze was sweeter than expected. The one thing I would do differently next time is add some spicy rub to the pops for a little sweet/Heat.

dtcunni

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 1, 2010
Very nice, I'm adding this to my very long list to try. Thanks for the view!

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.