Loin&apples

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
4lb loin rubbed and coated with light brown sugar
b0bb47ef_apple003.jpg
smoked at 225* till internal 140* then covered with brown sugar cured bacon and smoked till160* I then removed the bacon and placed the loin in a pan with sliced apples,butter,and brown sugar then foiled!
f5a9654e_apple005.jpg

Reactions: jbg4208
For some reason I couldn't attach all the pics
icon_rolleyes.gif
 So here are the rest! I continued to smoke till internal 170*
6f443606_apple001.jpg
 then sliced and ready to serve!
994b78e5_apple004.jpg
  It had a taste almost like a honey cured ham! Very tender too, Thanks for checkin it out!                                                                                                           

Oh yummy. Pork loin and apples with brown sugar is one of my all time favorites! They compliment each other so well. Looks great too! Nice job!

Wow! Now that's what i'm talking about. That's going to the top of my to do list. How long did that take?

Raptor that looks soo damn good!! Great job. One question though is why so high on the tenderloin?? Does it slice better at that higher temp??

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man that loins looks awesome and I have a stuffed pork louin on my smoker right now. But Now you have me thinking of how I can change the whole thing to make one like you did.

Man that looks good..now I got another recipe to try, Thanks for sharin the Q-view

Thanks everyone, for the kind words!
Wow! Now that's what i'm talking about. That's going to the top of my to do list. How long did that take?
I didn't really time it (cook by temp not time) But I do remember it was atleast 5hrs

Raptor that looks soo damn good!! Great job. One question though is why so high on the tenderloin?? Does it slice better at that higher temp??
The only reason I went to 170* was I wanted it to steam a little and maybe soak up a little flavor from the apples and brown sugar! I was actually just tryin something different and finally it worked LOL! It did slice real nice, not too tender,not too tough it was(Just Right).

That looks awesome, what liquid did you use when you foiled?
points.gif
I added the sliced apples, 3/4 stick butter, and 1/2 cup brown sugar. And put on the smoker to warm up 20mins before the loin was ready to foil. The apples,butter, and sugar make a nice liquid!

My wife made that (not in the smoker) last weekend in the crock pot, she also added chunks of sweet potatoes. I heard it was good, i was in bed sick. Looks good!

Wow that looks awesome. I have some CB curing might have to find another piece of loin to give this a whirl too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky