Lobster and Crab

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Brian, that all looks perfect and delicious. I love Crab Cakes, but never been able to make them correctly. I know it sounds pretty easy, might be a mental block, lol. Great job.

Brian, that all looks perfect and delicious. I love Crab Cakes, but never been able to make them correctly. I know it sounds pretty easy, might be a mental block, lol. Great job.
you can do it Mike. What has been the issue in the past?

you can do it Mike. What has been the issue in the past?
Thanks Cliff,
I haven't tried again in 2 years, but I remember the consistency was too loose, and I wasn't able to get Blue Crab, I settled for Grocery store cheaper. I did it spur of the moment. I've also tried one of John's Bearcarver Bearcarver recipes last May. and it didn't work out, mostly too loose after cooking longer than recommended. I think it could be I am not mixing long enough before cooking. My Oven may be off a few degrees, I've checked in the past and it's usually 5-7 degrees lower than setting, so I compensate by cooking 5 degrees higher setting.

I do it with imitation crab ( have no choice) in an air fryer comes out fantastic. If you want to give it a go we can try and plan it out together.

I do it with imitation crab ( have no choice) in an air fryer comes out fantastic. If you want to give it a go we can try and plan it out together.
That's a very nice offer. This is my last week before work gets out of control for 3 months. Should I PM you, so we don't hijack this thread? Really appreciate any help.

Oh man that looks amazing Brian…very nicely done!

We’re big seafood lovers, and this thread is making me need to go find some crab legs and lobster tails!

Like so many of the posts here - this is gonna cost me some money lol!!

Red

Haven't had crab cakes in a long time. Looks good! LIKE!
Thanks Justin
Man thats a great spread there. I could make a meal just off the crab cakes!!!!

Jim
Thanks Jim. Even that left over one good right out of fridge.
Mmmmm, crab cakes! Nice work, looks delicious Brian! RAY
Thanks Ray
Looks delicious Brian! I can foresee a run on crab cakes coming soon!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan

Nice Brian, I can't eat but looks great. What is the sauce on the crab cakes? I use the same recipe when I make imitation crab cakes except I sub in ground pork rinds for the panko and cook them in the Ninja on air fry. They come out crispy and taste great.
Thanks Cliff. I thought about using the pork rinds. I don't worry about carbs to much on the weekend. My free time. As long as I good during the week my BS stays pretty good.
BGSDT, Wow, looks delicious and good info on the crab, I'm a fan of most things that Waterfront Bistro puts out.
Thanks Dave. I was really surprised how good the crab was.
Wow! That is a five star feast! Incredible job, It all came out perfect!
Thanks Jed
Those look GREAT Brian. Love me some crab cakes, but it's been about a year since I made any. Thanks for the nudge.
Gary
Thanks Gary. These the first I made.

That all looks really good, Brian, but those crab cakes are screaming at me...:emoji_stuck_out_tongue: Very nice...
Thanks Charles

G Hughes Sugar Free Yum Yum going have to track this down.​

It was a generic brand.
Thanks Mike. I think the big thing is resting patties in fridge for a hour to firm up.
Really good looking meal Brian! Love me some seafood!
Thanks Fred

Reactions: clifish
Oh man that looks amazing Brian…very nicely done!

We’re big seafood lovers, and this thread is making me need to go find some crab legs and lobster tails!

Like so many of the posts here - this is gonna cost me some money lol!!

Red
Thanks Red
Looks awesome Brian! The cakes are killer!
Thanks Steve. These where inspired by the ones you made a while back.
Brian Great job on the Crab Cakes
Richie
Thanks Richie. I was planning on using your recipe but had the wrong tab open. I was half way through before I realized it.

Simply gorgeous Brian!! A truly outstanding effort across the board. I'd love to dive into a half dozen or so of those crab cakes though. Used to get some really great cakes in MD when I lived on the east coast but it's been a long time. Those look superb my friend!!

Robert

Oh Boy Brian, that is a meal I would just devour!
We love seafood & you raised the bar!
Nicely done!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky