Lobster and Crab

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Albertson had a good sale on seafood and I also had a 20% off grocery coupon so it was time. This almost didn't happen as I was so pissed off when I figured out what Fidelity did to me while doing taxes. Any way. Started with couple lobster tails. Man where these good. I tad over but not by much. Suppose to broil 1 minute per ounce and these where 3.25 so I went 4.

IMG_20230225_165111213_HDR.jpg

I had bought couple containers of Blue Crab claw meat. I was amazed at this when I opened it. I figured be like everything else and be 70% water but this was all meat and almost whole pieces. I made some crab cakes and they where so good. Lite on the filling so full of crab. I halfed recipe and still have another container to use. Here is recipe I used:

2 large eggs
2½ tablespoons mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann's or Duke's
1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup finely diced celery, from one stalk
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, I used cilantro
1 pound lump crab meat
½ cup panko
Vegetable or canola oil, for cooking

Make the Crab Cakes

To begin, combine the eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, celery, and parsley in a bowl. Mix well to combine. Add the crab meat and panko. Gently fold the mixture together until just combined, being careful not to shred the crab meat. Rest patties in fridge for one hour before frying to firm up.

IMG_20230225_170529355_HDR.jpg IMG_20230225_170813244.jpg IMG_20230225_170828665.jpg

Then snow crab next. I have always just steamed until I tried this lady recipe. When I first watched her thought she was crazy but tried it anyhow. Man are they good but messy. You get all the stuff on your fingers while cracking open then it gets on the crab. You can search "HOW TO PREPARE THE MOST AMAZING SNOW CRAB LEGS RECIPE Let’z Eat Tiffany Suzette"

This my first of two:

IMG_20230225_174854170_HDR.jpg

That's a wrap. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20230225_164941252.jpg
    IMG_20230225_164941252.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Nice meals Brian.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks delicious Brian! I can foresee a run on crab cakes coming soon!

Ryan

Albertson had a good sale on seafood and I also had a 20% off grocery coupon so it was time. This almost didn't happen as I was so pissed off when I figured out what Fidelity did to me while doing taxes. Any way. Started with couple lobster tails. Man where these good. I tad over but not by much. Suppose to broil 1 minute per ounce and these where 3.25 so I went 4.

View attachment 658734

I had bought couple containers of Blue Crab claw meat. I was amazed at this when I opened it. I figured be like everything else and be 70% water but this was all meat and almost whole pieces. I made some crab cakes and they where so good. Lite on the filling so full of crab. I halfed recipe and still have another container to use. Here is recipe I used:

2 large eggs
2½ tablespoons mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann's or Duke's
1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup finely diced celery, from one stalk
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, I used cilantro
1 pound lump crab meat
½ cup panko
Vegetable or canola oil, for cooking

Make the Crab Cakes

To begin, combine the eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, celery, and parsley in a bowl. Mix well to combine. Add the crab meat and panko. Gently fold the mixture together until just combined, being careful not to shred the crab meat.

View attachment 658733View attachment 658732View attachment 658731

Then snow crab next. I have always just steamed until I tried this lady recipe. When I first watched her thought she was crazy but tried it anyhow. Man are they good but messy. You get all the stuff on your fingers while cracking open then it gets on the crab. You can search "HOW TO PREPARE THE MOST AMAZING SNOW CRAB LEGS RECIPE Let’z Eat Tiffany Suzette"

This my first of two:

View attachment 658730

That's a wrap. Thanks for looking.
Nice Brian, I can't eat but looks great. What is the sauce on the crab cakes? I use the same recipe when I make imitation crab cakes except I sub in ground pork rinds for the panko and cook them in the Ninja on air fry. They come out crispy and taste great.

BGSDT, Wow, looks delicious and good info on the crab, I'm a fan of most things that Waterfront Bistro puts out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky