Little help on a reverse flow conversion

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ricky b

Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Ok I had a friend who took my old cheap academy smoker and made a reverse flow out of it. My question is do you think it's important to put a couple of thermeters around grate level. If so do you think I could JB weld a couple of pipe fittings to the outside to attach the thermeters. I don't have access to a welder at this time and I'm to cook some briskets on the forth of July. Now the old thermeter is still in the smoker and I took it out and it was correct on Temp. Just wondering if some of you think this a must or not? Rick 

If you have a couple digital's just use them on the rack. If you don't have a couple then test run the smoker and see what kind of difference your getting from end to end if any. Eventually I would install at least two thermos if it were me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky