Lil cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Been using the kettle/SV a lot lately. Seeing all the ribs and PP you folks been posting I decided it was time to fire up the MB.
Found a smallish butt (5 lbs) at the store. Got some BB to go with it and dug a 2 bone beef back ribs out of the freezer. Seasoned the beef ribs with a SPOG mix the butt and ribs all had Heath Riles BBQ rub.
977D30FE-2B1E-488A-B97B-99996F792D53.jpeg
Trimmed and seasoned up.
Cooker loaded up.
BF9DE6B5-858F-424F-BDA5-B284CAD3DBE5.jpeg
Running around 250 degrees with a chink of cherry smoking away in the CI.
Did a modified Dutches beans with peaches a la TNJAKE TNJAKE .
7F911BFD-27CD-4C16-8CA0-D321A4F4D102.jpeg
And here is where things went awry! I’m chilling drinking a glass of tea. Smoker is doing its thing. And I get a call from Bryces football trainer. He’s injured his ankle at practice. So off I go to take him to ortho. Lesa is watching the cooker for me. I’m watching the butt temps via the InkBird app.
Thinks went a little long times wise. The ribs were good but over cooked. The butt was also good. And the beans were excellent!
Good news was…no ankle fracture, but a bad sprain. Ortho boot for two weeks and need to be cleared by PT. First game is in 3 weeks. He’s chomping at the bit to get out there.
No cut, pulled or plated pics on this one. Was just glad to get home and eat.
Also did 3 hams for ladies at work. One with a honey ham rub and two with a savory rub of spices.
CF52B954-90D9-433D-B32F-E6139E9FD9A5.jpeg
Took them to a IT of 140 degrees over cherry wood also.
Not one of my best cooks. But it was all edible. Just not to my liking. Win some lose some I guess.
Thanks for reading this far.
Jim

I hope Bryce heals up fast and good.

All the meats look delicious from my screen. Nice work considering the circumstances. Those peach beans sound interesting.

I hope Bryce heals up fast and good.

All the meats look delicious from my screen. Nice work considering the circumstances. Those peach beans sound interesting.
TNJAKE TNJAKE posted them up a while back. I did a mix between his and Dutch's beans. Bit of heat with a sweet follow through. Think I could have eat them by themselves.
Jim

Looks great.. I've been doing Dutch's beans for many years, with my own mods, I was planning on peaches this weekend..

Reactions: JLeonard
Yes hope your son heals well, and don't you just love the inkbird for checking while away for home.

As for your cooks, all look good from here. As long as it can be eaten . It's a win

David
Yes sir the inkbird is great! Love it.
Jim

That's good news and hope Bryce can keep that boot on for 2 weeks !
Everything looks good to me and love the HR flavors !

Keith

Glad to hear Bryce is ok and it wasn't more serious. The food looks great Jim. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

All in all it looks pretty darned good from where I'm sitting Jim. Glad it all came out well and even more glad that your son isn't seriously hurt. Shattered three bones in my right left foot in 7th grade at football practice as we were getting close to the season opener. Missed half the season in a cast. Was kinda bummed. This was my 2nd year playing organized football and I'd secured a spot on 1st team as a starter then lost it due to the injury.

Robert

• Sad
Thanks Robert! Yeah he was worried about a fracture. Now hes on me to get his PT scheduled so he can get cleared to play. LOL.
Jim

A darned fine looking load of work there Jim, good work. Glad to hear that ankle didn't break on Bryce, going to be tough to keep him settled down with that boot on. RAY

Nice work Jim, especially considering the circumstances. I'm so glad that Bryce is OK and will get back out there in a couple of weeks...

Looks good from here Jim! Bet you made your coworkers day when you brought the hams to them! Hope Bryce heals quickly! Should be able to remember his name...same as my son's.

Ryan

Well Jim, stuff may have gotten a bit over cooked, but it all looks awesome from where I am sitting. Besides, getting Bryce's ankle checked out took priority. Glad to hear it was just a sprain and hopefully not a real bad one.

Stu

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky