Let's Tri-Tip this again.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice score on the TT! I always gravitate to the counter when at the store.... They often have the better cuts hidden away for those that ask....

Oh no SNOW.....It's almost May for petes sake! We are forecasted to get a couple of days of snow over the weekend...... Its time for spring already!

Reactions: gmc2003
Sha-zam lol. Nice job on that tri tip Chris. Looks juicy as heck. Nice work bud.
Thanks Jake, appreciate it.
Nice score on the TT! I always gravitate to the counter when at the store.... They often have the better cuts hidden away for those that ask....

Oh no SNOW.....It's almost May for petes sake! We are forecasted to get a couple of days of snow over the weekend...... Its time for spring already!
Appreciate it Civil. I'm finding myself talking to the butcher more and more. A lot of the display cuts are either to thin or to thick. Most times they're happy to help you out. Watch out for that snow. If it's like ours it's very wet and heavy. Quite a few tree limbs and power lines are down.

Chris

Reactions: civilsmoker
Thank you kindly Ray, I have difficulties with reverse searing so I sear first. My wife would kill me if I came in with a steak done anymore then this one.

Appreciate it John. Our snow has settled down into a sleety rain, lite snow now. So it's starting to melt. Mud season just got a little worse though.

Chris
Yup, That's the good thing about getting snows in Mid to late April---It doesn't stay around long.

Bear

That looks great. Hannaford has been running that sale every few weeks lately. I keep screwing up and waiting until the end of the week and missing them. I hit it once and nailed it. Its my new favorite roast. If anyone wants to know what "beefy" tastes like, that's it.

I woke up to 9", but the rest of the town only got 3". We lost power around 8am with no restoration in sight. Got all the kids' bedtime stuff packed up and headed to grandma and grandpa's for the night.

Do Not cold smoke meat that has not been cured with nitrite. You are playing with fire there.

Yup, That's the good thing about getting snows in Mid to late April---It doesn't stay around long.

Bear
Yup, sugar snow is a pain, but at least it doesn't last to long. Ours is almost gone now.
NIce TT!

Ain't that snow $h!t crazy!
Heavy rain and 60+ southerly gusts here in RI.

Thanks Norman, I'm glad we didn't get the winds. The snow was enough to deal with.

Chris

That looks great. Hannaford has been running that sale every few weeks lately. I keep screwing up and waiting until the end of the week and missing them. I hit it once and nailed it. Its my new favorite roast. If anyone wants to know what "beefy" tastes like, that's it.

I woke up to 9", but the rest of the town only got 3". We lost power around 8am with no restoration in sight. Got all the kids' bedtime stuff packed up and headed to grandma and grandpa's for the night.
9" ouch, We ended up with about 5" or so. Now we're down to about 2". So all is well in whoville. Gotta agree with the TT being a great steak and YES Hannafords does surprise us every once in a while.

Chris

The TT looks fantastic!
Can’t beat that charcoal flavor!
We like ours a bit more rare, but I sure wouldn’t turn down a bite of yours!
Hope your weather gets better!
Al

Great looking TT!!! Good price too. Around these parts the Kroger has them on sale for about $7.99. Good call checking with the butcher too. I have found this to be essential and very beneficial when the store appears to be out of some cut.

All this talk about TT's. And I can't find one for under 22.00 a pound!! Looks perfectly cooked Chris! Big like!

The TT looks fantastic!
Can’t beat that charcoal flavor!
We like ours a bit more rare, but I sure wouldn’t turn down a bite of yours!
Hope your weather gets better!
Al
Thanks Al, and I totally agree. This one got away from me a little. We normally like our steaks more on the rarer side.
Great looking TT!!! Good price too. Around these parts the Kroger has them on sale for about $7.99. Good call checking with the butcher too. I have found this to be essential and very beneficial when the store appears to be out of some cut.

Thanks Sandyut, I found out a long time ago. It never hurts to ask. The most they can do is say no. Sometimes they may surprise you.
All this talk about TT's. And I can't find one for under 22.00 a pound!! Looks perfectly cooked Chris! Big like!
Appreciate it Steve. $22.00/lb. Are you shopping on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan? That's crazy priced even for NY.

Chris

Beautiful TT! That plate is righteous and I’d destroy it in no time! I feel like the kettle was made for these and wings🤣 awesome as always, thank you for sharing!

Nice looking TT Chris, and we love our baked spuds here also. Nice plate of food.

And the snow really sucks. We have been lucky the temp is just border line here . We have been having lots of rain. so 1 deg. or so and we would be back into winter, only have half of my dock in , water still to cold for even wet suit for me.

David

Thank you kindly David. I'm so over the snow this year. The only good thing about sugar snow is that I know it will be gone in a day or so.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky