Lets smoke a brisket boys Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zachd

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
Mn
Going to bring a brisket to the inlaws tomorrow. It was early morning when i decided to start this so only one grocery store had them that was open. Was smaller than i wanted at 6.89lbs but he gave me a dollar off a lb and it was actually trimmed pretty good so i had minimal loss when i trimmed myself.

A57F8546-69F7-4FCE-9734-FC9B4C0CDAC5.jpeg
Lets get to trimming with thw awesome custom deboning knife the wife got me for christmas
A88E2360-9691-4271-A308-32C2769E7778.jpeg
Used salt pepper and penzeys northwoods seasoning I cant get enough of that stuff
B397C75C-F949-4674-B5DF-A8E976E6B3B3.jpeg
9402820B-560F-4EA0-884F-CDD80DB4F2F6.jpeg
Smoking on my camp chef smokepro going to do heavy smoke for the for a bit so I light some more pellets too didnt load too much more in the amps 6BA2860A-4978-4C6A-9122-2E1888D97914.jpeg
Ok shes on boys
AAC40BD1-14ED-4544-8927-43FD8AFA34DA.jpeg
Cant really see but with the amps and the pellet grill perfect heavy smoke but when i say heavy smoke its still thin blue smoke

I cant decide if I want to wrap or not at 160-165

Last edited:
2FB95687-621D-4E57-BF17-7F53B6A9EA6A.jpeg
A quick peak and insert my probe
The amps is almost done so it will be up to the camp chef pretty soon.
IT is sitting at 128 right now

Look like your plan is working out. Let us know how it turns out.

Chris

Good luck! Not done brisket yet but researching heavily including owning Franklin's book. He wraps in butcher paper BUT his briskets are prime. So foil wrap unless your was prime. He wraps after the stall 185F. Rooting for ya!

Last edited:
Ive done them both ways this time im not going to wrap as I am not in a hurry

Wow great job. I love the color. I've only done one so far but I wrapped mine and did not get the color like yours. Did you spray anything on it during the time? I just picked one up that I'm going to do next week so I need to get a few more tips before I do this one. I want to try not wrapping it this time but I'm afraid it might dry out. My last one took almost 12 hours to do. I using a pellet smoker.

I didn't spray this one with anything... I would try with wrapping with peach butcher paper instead of tinfoil that should get you the good bark plus keep in moisture

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I use a AMPS in the pellet smoker as well

You can always inject with beef broth too

I have a tube smoker but never thought of using it on brisket. I’ve read where people have really good results with butcher paper so I think I’ll go with that this time. Thanks for the tips.

Yes definitely try the tube smoker along with the pellet grill it gives off the perfect smoke I think.

You could do hickory and hickory or if you want a little milder load the pellet grill with alder and the tube with hickory or vice versa.

I usually just load the tube or maze with enough to last 2-4 hours no need for anymore than that

Good luck on the butcher paper you probably wont go back to foil after it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky