First attempt at a brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now that I know the process I can get a thicker piece of meat, the slices will be very thin on the end.
Yeah, that's the trick. Almost all briskets taper off to a thin edge on one end. Often it's tough to find one that doesn't. Many bbq joints (including our friend, Jeff's Texas Style in Marysville) trim those thin edges off first to keep a more even thickness. The trimmings can go into hamburger, chili, or whatever.

As to slicing it, after smoking it can be hard to see which way the grain is running. Insert a toothpick close to the top surface while raw, running parallel with the grain. That way when it's done, you will still be able to tell the direction of the grain, and slice accordingly.

Reactions: Nefarious
Now that is a pretty picture, tasty looking Ray

1699613380581.png

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky