Lesa’s birthday cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Finally got a couple of days off and the weather has cooperated. and it just so happens to be Lesa’s birthday (She’s 54 but dont tell her I told y’all). tx smoker tx smoker (Robert) sent me a tomahawk as part of our Christmas exchange. Let me tell you, this thing was a roast on a stick! Trimmed a little hard fat off of it and seasoned it with SPOG.
FA95EFEB-FA53-486A-B042-25D463D666F1.jpeg
Did some Romanoff potatoes thanks DRKsmoking DRKsmoking for the recipe! They were the bomb.
374EE7B4-EE99-40D5-8221-67C098B88F8F.jpeg
Lesa loves some crab legs so had to have some of those also. I cheated and got these from Krogers already cooked. Just steamed them to heat them back up.
32C53A5B-9AAB-4280-980C-AFBE7FB948D3.jpeg
used the kettle with a little maple for some flavor.
E1056DE3-A467-49B2-BB97-9C037B36975A.jpeg
Took it to 140 degrees (where she likes it) and put a little Parmesan basil butter on it while it rested.
1B2870C7-2CE0-4331-AC1D-38A026DFE6A0.jpeg
Made some armadillo eggs for Bryce and I since we don’t eat crab legs.
10DB1826-CFDD-42AE-87D9-F34ABD1B3130.jpeg
and the slice pic!
02B56964-0253-4041-93A1-FFC4C816D2B1.jpeg
let me tell you…tender doesn’t even start to describe this. And the flavor…..can’t get anything like this from the grocery store! Didnt get any plated pics we was hungry!
Robert thank you so much for your generosity! Everything was good, but the steak was the star. Hope I did it justice.
thanks for sticking through my long post and pics!
Jim

Wow Jim, what a spread… that all looks very tasty! YUM! Tell Lesa Happy Birthday!

I’ll be in touch when it’s my birthday! 😂

Seriously, very nice meal!

Reactions: JLeonard
Heck yeah Jim nice work. Happy birthday to Lesa! I been on the receiving end of a couple tomahawks from Robert and feel your pain lol.

Well Jim you did Lesa proud for her 54th birthday, oh right you did not tell us. It was on the 5 o'clock news lol

Great looking meal and thanks for the plug and glad the potatoes worked out for you . I really like them

Great cook Jim

David

Jim, that whole meal looks delicious. Great job all around! Wish Lesa a Happy Birthday, which Birthday it was, I'll never know, lol.

That is a great looking spread for sure! WOW! I bet your wife enjoyed that meal. Bar set pretty high now.

Very nice meal Jim and what a great birthday meal for someone else. You couldn’t have a better meal at a restaurant!

I have one of these in my freezer and I remember the romanoff potatoes post. You just gave me my side dish for when I make this.

I’m also a big fan using butter on a rested steak, so extra kudos for that. Last year’s excess herbs become this year’s compound butters.

Way to go Jim!! What a fantastic meal you put together for Lesa's birthday. I am honored that you chose such a wonderful occasion to cook the steak...and did it beautifully. Hopefully she had a nice birthday.

Let me tell you, this thing was a roast on a stick!

Sometimes that's just the way they work out when you have a 25 pound roast and only get 7 steaks out of it :emoji_wink: If I remember correctly that one weighed in at over 3 pounds. BTW, has your daughter cooked the one you sent her home with?

Robert thank you so much for your generosity!

More than welcome my friend but that generosity went both ways. We had a great Christmas exchange!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky