Lemon Pepper Jerky Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What wood do you normally use for this recipe? And do you smoke the entire time? Oops, just found that you did use Hickory.

Last edited:
What wood do you normally use for this recipe? And do you smoke the entire time? Oops, just found that you did use Hickory.
I didn't taste much lemon in mine. You could up the lemon perhaps if you like the tart.. I did add extra couple pinches of cracked black.. I like that in mine. It still wasn't real standoutish .. was good.
I used the juice from 1 1/2 lemons.. could have used 2 whole.

Got mine in the smoker right now. I'm doing this alongside some honey sriracha jerky...about 2 lbs. of each.

My wife loves Lemon Pepper. Happy wife, happy life. I smoked this in my WSM for the first time this past Monday. It is now my newest favorite tasting jerky. The vinegar in the Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice really softens the meat. My WSM was being finicky on Monday so the chamber temp was staying between 170F and 175F. Although I generally prefer to smoke jerky until it is slightly stiff, the texture and flavor of this was phenomenal at 4.5 hours. Tender and delicious. I'm marinating another batch right now that I'll smoke this Monday.

It looks like beef jerky, dark and dry, so no need to post pics.

Lemon Pepper Jerky

Ingredients
2 1/2 lb Lean beef
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs Lemon pepper
1 Tbs garlic powder
1/2 tsp Prague Powder #1 (curing salt)

Directions

1. Slice beef into 1/4" strips and put in a Ziplock bag.

2. Thoroughly whisk all the marinade ingredients in a measuring cup, the pour into the Ziplock bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, then put in another Ziplock bag in case of leaks. Seal, then massage the marinade into the meat.

3. Store in the refrigerator overnight, up to 5 days, massaging daily.

4. Prep smoker with hickory wood to 145°F. Put meat in the smoker, close together but not overlapping. Smoke at 165-175°F until done, about 4.5 to 5 hours.

5. Remove from the smoker, cool, cut into bite sized pieces and store in the refrigerator in a Ziplock bag.

Servings: 18

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1/18 of a recipe (2.6 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. One of the recipe's ingredients was not linked. This ingredient is not included in the recipe nutrition data.

Amount Per Serving
Calories 31.55
Calories From Fat (35%) 11.2
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.25g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.46g 2%
Cholesterol 8.19mg 3%
Sodium 92.26mg 4%
Potassium 118.97mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 1.84g <1%
Fiber 0.11g <1%
Sugar 0.81g
Protein 3.15g 6%

Costs
Recipe Cost: $8.32
Recipe Serving Cost: $0.46
The recipe was a hit at my work. One guy gave me some cash to make him some this weekend. Lol
Thanks for sharing

Sounds interesting... The wife is a big lemon pepper fan.... I will show her this recipe....

Just spotted a sale on big old eye of round roasts. $3.69 or something .. the roasts were all in the 8 pound range. Thought about picking one up for this next batch. Very little fat cap to deal with so it's still a bargain for jerky.

Swerve. . . . . . ...... Chicken Lemon Pepper Jerky.
OK, so a made my Lil Buddy his chicken thigh dinner, with some jerky beef scraps ground in. He loved it!
But since I was going to muck up my hand grinder anyway, I boiled up a couple thighs extra (Boneless, skinless) to make some ground chicken jerky. Amounts to 8 ounces (1/2 pound).
Ground up the 3 thighs, set aside mine, then ground the beef into his. (I always cook for him, he has no teeth left.)
So, after playing the waiter routine for him, I took and reduced this recipe 5/1 to make my marinade.

Sure smells delicious in the Ziploc (1 quart) bag. Lemony, Peppery, wonderfulness. :p
I have a load of beef strips in a 1 G bag maronading since yesterday in the fridge, in a SS bowl I put my marinade bags in, in case of leakage.

Since this is an experiment on my part, I simply divided the Original Recipe for 2 1/2 pounds, down to 8 ounces (1/2 pound.) Or 40 ounces > 8 ounces = 5 to 1

So, I found a Recipe Converter Calculator, and divided your recipe by 5. This calculator works slick as calf slobber.
(Please Note: This calculator is free on the web. But cost me $.99 to buy the app for my phone.)
Presto Changeo:

Lemon Pepper Jerky .20
-Original Recipe:
2 1/2 lb Lean beef
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs Lemon pepper
1 Tbs garlic powder
1/2 tsp Prague Powder #1 (curing salt)

*Original recipe divided by 5
*Recipe rounded to nearest cooking fraction

1/2 lb Ground Chicken (I had Thighs, because we prefer the dark meat.)
1/8 cup worcestershire sauce (2 ounces)
1/8 cup teriyaki sauce (2 ounces)
1/8 cup packed dark brown sugar (2 Tbs)
1/3 Tbs lemon juice (I did 1/2 Tbs)
1/3 Tbs Lemon pepper (I did 1/2 Tbs)
1/4 Tbs garlic powder
1/8 tsp Prague Powder #1 (curing salt)

I'll report back in a few days... hopefully.:)

Just made my first batch of jerky this weekend and used this recipe. I made 2.5lb's

After marinating it up. I sprinkled a little extra lemon pepper seasoning on 1 side of the jerky before putting it in the smoker.

smoked it between 150 and 170 with some lil devil pellets just over 5hr's

Turned out really good and you can taste the lemon flavor. Everyone else that tried it gave it, gave it a 2 thumbs up as well.

Thanks for sharing this recipe and I look forward to making more jerky in the future

Last edited:
Just made my first batch of jerky this weekend and used this recipe. I made 2.5lb's

After marinating it up. I sprinkled a little extra lemon pepper seasoning on 1 side of the jerky before putting it in the smoker.

smoked it between 150 and 170 with some lil devil pellets.

Turned out really good and everyone else that tried it gave it 2 thumbs up as well.

Thanks for sharing this recipe and I look forward to making more jerky in the future
Curious to know how thick you cut the beef and how long it was on the smoker for.

Curious to know how thick you cut the beef and how long it was on the smoker for.

I used round eye roast that was sliced about 1/4'' thick against the grain

Smoked it a little over 5hr's and it turned out very soft. You could pull shreds off the pieces by hand.

Last edited:
I'm going to do a new recipe with some real maple syrup.
Going to do it in cure#1 with pepper and Worcestershire. A little onion and garlic.powder. little pepper flakes and regular sugar.
Going to do the jerky in the oven at 300° for about 12 minutes to get it 160 internal temp. Then move it out onto the smoker at about 180 for a couple 2-3 hours . I will move it back into a 200° oven to finish it up .

Reactions: ksblazer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky