LEM 5# Mighty Bite Cheese Press as a fruit press?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ty520

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 25, 2021
Just got my LEM 5# Mighty Bite vertical sausage stuffer, and now have my eye on getting the cheese press adapter.

Was curious if anyone has the cheese press and what they think of it? And the idea of using it as a fruit press? (for berries, shredded apples, etc for making cider and country wine)

Would be so convenient to have 1 machine that can do 3 things

Berries seem like they should be OK since they are so soft, but not sure about apples or pears, even when shredded.

Clearly, I would have to use a nylon brew bag to layer the fruit and contain the particulates since it doesn't have a filter basket.

Couldn't find any info on the safe operating PSI of the LEM cheese press - would ideally need 50-80psi

(FYI, I did contact LEM with this question, and they said that it not a use that has been tried and tested in house, so they couldn't/wouldn't say one way or another)

Well Ty, buy one and let us know how it works. I have the same stuffer and can tell you that it will create a lot of pressure. Let us know.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky