LEM 20lb motorized stuffer stripped gears fix???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

honda200xrace

Original poster
Jan 28, 2023
I purchased a motorized 20lb LEM stuffer a few years ago and have done 500lbs roughly through it with no problem. Someone borrowed it this weekend and stripped one of the gears out. I saw online it happens when its at the top and tries to retract. I thought I saw online a fix for this at one time and cant seem to track that down again. Anyone on here have any ideas how to prevent this from happening after i get it fixed?

Yes mine has a top and bottom out sensor. Will stop when it hits those points.

LEM has a fix for this issue. They make a new vertical shaft(the one the plunger screws to) that has some teeth removed from the top so it cant go up to the top and break the gear.

The gear you broke is most likely the fast speed gear/shaft. I've broke 3 by accidentally stepping on/off the pedal with the plunger all the way up. If you call and talk to them, they'll probably take care of you and send a new gear and vertical shaft, because they knew they had an issue.

FYI for those that have one thats a couple years old (bought mine 11/2020).... It has a sensor to stop at the top when retracting from the bottom, but if you hit the pedal and let off while the plunger is all the way up, it will t retract up and break gears. Only way to stop it is to be quick and hit the off button.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky