Leftovers = Prime Rib Meals

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Leftovers = Prime Rib Meals

As usual we had a bunch of leftovers from our 50th Anniversary Prime Rib.
I planned ahead & after slicing our Dinner slice, I sliced the rest up a lot thinner (between 1/8” and 1/2”).

Here's where these Leftovers came from:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...rsary—prime-rib—hickory-smoked-panned.282442/

So I did a few of my favorite things, I’ll show below:

First I took a leftover Baked Potato (Also planned), and sliced it up, and Fried it in butter.
I just keep flipping it in the butter, until it’s nice & browned & crispy on the outside.
Then when I plate it I drizzle a couple tsp of bubbling hot butter from the pan, right on top of the Taters.
I also added another Pickled Egg from the leftover Pickled Red Beet Juice we had in the fridge.

Then for the next morning I heated up a hunk of Prime Rib & 2 of those Fried Baked Tater slices, and added them to a couple of Fried Eggs.

Then I made Sammies with all the rest of the slices of Prime Rib. I’ll show you the first one, below:

I just toasted a couple of slices of Italian Bread.
Then I put some of Mrs Bear’s Sauce on the toast, and some slices of Prime Rib.
Then piled on some Hot Pepper rings & close it up, adding the last 2 slices of Fried Baked Tater.

I had enough of this for another 2 nights of Sammies—Not bad for such a small Prime Rib we started with.

I gotta say, "I often enjoy these leftovers more than I did the original Meal !!"

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

My Finished Smoked Prime Rib. Notice the absence of Drippings in the pan-----
This is because when smoked @ 220° no juices leave the Meat. All the juice stays in the Roast:
IMG_2965.jpg

And the Meat is Pink from Bark to bark, and done the same amount all the way through:
IMG_2968.jpg

Frying some Baked Tater slices in Butter:
IMG_2971.jpg

Bear's second Supper---Slice of Prime Rib, Fried Baked Tater Slices, and Pickled Egg:
IMG_2973.jpg

Morning's Breakfast----Two Eggs, Hunk of Prime Rib, and 2 more slices of Fried Baked Tater.
IMG_2975.jpg

Next Night's Supper. Slices of Prime Rib, Some of Mrs Bear's Sauce----
IMG_2977.jpg

Add a pile of Hot Pepper Rings, and the last 2 Fried Baked Tater Slices:
IMG_2978.jpg

Close it up & Chow Down:
IMG_2979.jpg

Then I just kept making these same Sammies until I ran out of Prime Rib leftovers.

Last edited:
Looks great, I been cutting my baked taters length ways and it makes for easier turning and browning with less work ymmv

That Bear is going to be right chunky when he hibernates this year going to be a long winters nap. :D

Great looking sammies as always nice job there Bear.

Warren

Looks mighty inviting bear, we made a soup with our bones and leftover meat.

Point for sure.
Chris

I still can't stop staring at that Prime Rib Bear! I've rarely seen it done that consistently. Happy Anniversary btw!

Looks great, I been cutting my baked taters length ways and it makes for easier turning and browning with less work ymmv

Thank You Mike!!
Hmmm--I'll have to try that next time!!

Bear

That Bear is going to be right chunky when he hibernates this year going to be a long winters nap. :D

Great looking sammies as always nice job there Bear.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky