Leftover Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tag0401

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 5, 2018
Elgin SC
Good afternoon SMF,

Getting ready to attempt to reheat some pulled pork i smoked last month from the freezer. Gonna use the crock-pot on warm method with a little AC vinegar and apple juice. Lets hope I don't dry it out!!:cool:
Enjoy the rest of yalls day.

Adam

Tag, leftover pulled pork reheats very well. I add a little of Chef JJ’s finishing sauce when reheating to be eaten as BBQ.

Although taste is personal preference, watch how much vinegar you use. Too much can cause the pork to turn mushy.

Tag, leftover pulled pork reheats very well. I add a little of Chef JJ’s finishing sauce when reheating to be eaten as BBQ.

Although taste is personal preference, watch how much vinegar you use. Too much can cause the pork to turn mushy.
I use a vinegar based finishing sauce also.It will help in retaining moisture.

I went with a vinegar based and the meat turned out awesome.

Attachments

• A52319BC-2377-4758-B215-E7A1ADABCD7C.jpeg
    A52319BC-2377-4758-B215-E7A1ADABCD7C.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 14
Glad to hear it turned out well for you.
I usually package mine in 2 sandwich serving sizes, so I just thaw them & nuke the PP for about 30 seconds.
Tastes just as good as the day I smoked it.
Al

If you vacuum seal the PP, then you can just drop them into some simmering water and heat until warm.

Chris

Glad to hear it turned out well for you.
I usually package mine in 2 sandwich serving sizes, so I just thaw them & nuke the PP for about 30 seconds.
Tastes just as good as the day I smoked it.
Al
Never thought about doing it like that.

If you vacuum seal the PP, then you can just drop them into some simmering water and heat until warm.

Chris
I definitely need to invest in a vacuum sealer we always have a lot of leftovers

Chris

Yes, absolutely you can do that. As a matter of fact the best way is with a Sous Vide machine.
But I really just nuke it, unless you have a pound or more, then the water idea would be a better choice.
Al

Yes, absolutely you can do that. As a matter of fact the best way is with a Sous Vide machine.
But I really just nuke it, unless you have a pound or more, then the water idea would be a better choice.
Al

I agree Al, I use a nuke at work when I bring in PP for lunch. The aroma drives my co-workers crazy in our little Dilbert ville.

Chris

Reactions: tag0401
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky