Leftover jars of pickled peach juice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Millberry

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
Buford, GA
1610799632527.png
I love these pickled peaches so much . The syrup had red pepper flakes and has a "bite" to it--along with sweetness galore! So delicious. Any ideas for all my leftover syrup before I drink it all? What could I mop this on? I am smoking pork belly burnt ends tomorrow? Try it on a few? Baste a future pork shoulder? Thanks

Gosh O Mighty--My senile mind never thought of ribs!!!!!!THANKS FOLKS Y'all are soooo good. I just got 2 more jars of them----LOL

Very-Very interesting-----------------hmmmm Thanks I bet that would be INTERESTING for sure-----And--since it's chicken-didn't lose much money if a disaster

OH MY GOODNESS Jake---------I would die and go to Heaven to have that to eat. So just go ahead and brine overnight (?) THENn wrap in bacon and smoke at what temperature--what wood--what IT. (see- I am helpless)

Brine for 6hrs or so. Pull out of brine and season chicken however you want. Wrap in bacon. Cracks some black pepper on it after it's wrapped. Think I smoked these at 250 and cranked up the heat at end to crisp bacon. IT of 160 but if it goes a bit higher that's ok as the bacon will keep the breast moist. Used pecan wood on this but anything you like will work

Oh yeah sounds like endless possibilities for mopping. Makes me want some of that pickle juice!

You can do what chopsaw recommended. Using boneless skinless breasts then wrap in bacon
Yup . Do it all the time . For me , 6 hours in pickle juice is max depending on the size of the breast .
Can start to get mushy if left to long . Make a great fried chicken sandwich too .
The peach juice would be good I bet .
20190914_180949.jpg

Brine for 6hrs or so. Pull out of brine and season chicken however you want. Wrap in bacon. Cracks some black pepper on it after it's wrapped. Think I smoked these at 250 and cranked up the heat at end to crisp bacon. IT of 160 but if it goes a bit higher that's ok as the bacon will keep the breast moist. Used pecan wood on this but anything you like will work
Thank you buddy--so much

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky