Learning to smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ignatius

Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Hello, I'm new to everything...computers and smoking. Stumbled onto this site and it looks real interesting. I love to eat and entertain.

Ignatius

Welcome aboard, Ignatius!

I must first suggest that you take advantage of Jeff's free Five Day Basic Smoking Course!.

Then, well let me tell ya! This place is just loaded with info! If you have a problem finding what you need or have a question to be answered please post it in the appropriate spot! The opnly dumb question is the unasked question.

We are a friendly site dedicated to furthering the art of smoking meat. And we are a fun bunch, too as you will find as you read through the threads!

So, c'mon in and set a spell and enjoy our company as we enjoy yours!
Oh, and when you get to smoking, we love to see pics of your efforts!

Cheers!

So…what type of smoker are you using presently, or is that still up in the air?
wink.gif

I use a horizontal barrel with an offset side barrel for smoking. I don't know the technical name for it...maybe it doesn't have one. It is charcoal.

Welcome to SMF ignatious.. Glad you found us, enjoy your stay and ask away any questions you have have. I know someone will have the right answer or "steer" you in the right direction.

Joe

Welcome and grab a cold one. Feel free to ask you questions if you are stuck, somebody will help you, or you will start a great search of the net for information.

Welcome, hope to see yo on the site a lot, and enjoy this great new hobby. your family and friends are going to love your experiments and even your failures will taste good.

Ignatius, Somehow I missed this post the first time around. Welcome to SMF. Since you have had a chance to look around and see what others have done, keep in mind that we would like to see pic's and hear about your great smokes and not so great smokes (we can even help you figure what you might of done wrong). Looking forward to seeing you in the forums.

Enjoy!

Welcome aboard Ignatius! You've found a great place to learn and sharpen your skills at the pit. Ask questions, let us know what and when you decide to smoke, and somebody will lend a hand if you need one. What ever you do, enjoy the site! Welcome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky