Latest Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woodman3

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Kansas
It had been years since I had made a fatty. Flavor was great But family says bacon was too smokey. I think I will smoke 45 min or so in smoker then finish in oven.

Attachments

• 20181223_185558.jpg
    20181223_185558.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20181223_185610.jpg
    20181223_185610.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 96
Looks good. I'll smoke the heck out of them and then finish in the oven. I can get the bacon more crispy that way in a short time. Also more of the grease drains away while in the oven. I know what they mean when some thing gets too heavy of a smoke. Sometimes a lighter smoke flavor adds just the right amount to the overall taste. Or change wood to a more delicate flavor.
Yours still looked good. I mean come on. Its a fatty. A FATTY! Points "likes" to you.

That fattie looks awful good to me!!
There are so many ways to make & cook a fattie.
I always cook the bacon until nice & crispy, then put it in the fattie. Then you have the sausage on the outside & I just use my pork rub on that.
Al

Nice looking fatty Woodman. I usually just use a couple of smaller chunks of hickory when making them.

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky