Late to the party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lwhkb

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 6, 2017
Yeah I’m incredibly late to the a-maze-n party. Just ordered mine this week and got it today, in time for the weekend. They hooked me up! Got two free spices in my order, great surprise. Gonna fire up the MES 30 that I just scored last weekend and use the tray I ordered. Pretty pumped for SuperBowl Sunday this year.

Attachments

• 3594CBBF-36E8-453E-BC8E-B54B7384C1B0.jpeg
    3594CBBF-36E8-453E-BC8E-B54B7384C1B0.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 0AFBF162-1883-410B-B1EE-5AB55A118CAB.jpeg
    0AFBF162-1883-410B-B1EE-5AB55A118CAB.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: ChrisLane
I also have owned one for about 5 years now. I love it......... I did add a mailbox mod to the smoker. I helped tremendously keeping the pellets burning properly.

Reactions: Lwhkb
You'll be happy ya got it, as mentioned now ya should look into the mailbox mod. Some of us mes owners have trouble keeping them lit inside, hopefully you'll have no problems. Just remember keep your top vent wide open, pull chip loader out a few inches more if necessary, and no water in your pan. Microwave your pellets 2 or 3 minutes and let your pellets burn for at least 15 minutes before you blow them out to put in smoker.

You'll be happy ya got it, as mentioned now ya should look into the mailbox mod. Some of us mes owners have trouble keeping them lit inside, hopefully you'll have no problems. Just remember keep your top vent wide open, pull chip loader out a few inches more if necessary, and no water in your pan. Microwave your pellets 2 or 3 minutes and let your pellets burn for at least 15 minutes before you blow them out to put in smoker.
Huge tips there. Thank you. And I am def gonna do the mailbox mod. That's the next step. The MES I picked up didn't have legs so I ordered those from masterbuilt. They are allegedly showing up today via FedEx, but I trust gas station sushi more than their shipping updates. Once the legs are on I'm on to the mailbox mod for sure!!

Reactions: smokerjim
Welcome aboard.

And they gave you three bags of seasoning on the house? Very nice indeed. Enjoy
Wish the 3 bags of pellets and dust were on the house. Those I ordered. The two cans of spices are the gift. Which I am not upset about at all!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky