Last years tailgates (i finally got around to posting)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indygreg

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 30, 2011
ok i know this is from last fall and this isn't all smoking but i thought someone might like this. We have 2 boys and years ago my wife told me that she wanted to be the house that all the kids come to. soon we figured out that teenagers are like wild animals - if you put food out they all come running. all through high school my summer food bills were off the hook but i usually had a pack of my boys friends hanging at our house. now my oldest is at college and my younger one about to go so we are taking this show on the road by tailgating. i spent that last year building this ridiculous custom van that we use for traveling and tailgating.

we did pulled pork fajitas for one, beef sammys for one, beef fajitas and one of our most popular was moink balls. also finished the year with bananas fosters pancakes on my camp chef griddle. i didn't get great pics because i was too busy tailgating but here are some pics of the fun!

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

Sammies
IMG_0825.jpg

Fajitas on the griddle
IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0031%20%282%29.jpg

Final Tailgate was bananas fosters pancakes
IMG_0035.jpg

Last edited:
Good Grief!
This looks like Serious Business!
Fosters, like in Australian for Beer? :confused:

Holy cow! I think I see my wife in one of those pictures!

we take our hobbies seriously :)

the worst part is my wife and i went to the arch rival school. what we do for our kids huh?

fosters sauce for the pancakes

Fosters - 8 servings
8 bananas, sliced
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 bag brown sugar
1/2 cup dark rum
3/4 cup banana liqueur
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

the worst part is my wife and i went to the arch rival school. what we do for our kids huh?

Fosters - 8 servings
8 bananas, sliced
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 bag brown sugar
1/2 cup dark rum
3/4 cup banana liqueur
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

What a minute. My wife brought me home a bag of brown sugar. It weighs 6 POUNDS. :confused::eek:

Also, do you think I could substitute a cup and a half of Fireball cinnamon whiskey for the last 3 ingredients? :eek::rolleyes:o_O

Fosters - 8 servings
8 bananas, sliced
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 bag brown sugar
1/2 cup dark rum
3/4 cup banana liqueur
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Greg,

When you say: Fosters - 8 servings . . . . . Does that mean 8 cans of Fosters. . . . Those huge cans?

John

Greg,

When you say: Fosters - 8 servings . . . . . Does that mean 8 cans of Fosters. . . . Those huge cans?

John

Hair of the dog.
But I think a 25 ounce Fosters would be more like chewing the dogs butt....
My bro use to say, "BEER! It's not just for Breakfast anymore."

giphy.gif

yeah good point about the brown sugar. originally the recipe was in cups but i normalized it to a full bag so i didnt have to measure.

i don't think we had fosters but i know these were full of cans when i left home and came back empty.

IMG_0028%20%282%29.jpg

I can see this isn't your first rodeo!
What a great setup!
And all the food looks fantastic!
Congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Hell of a setup you got there! Food looks great!

Come down south and I will stop by your tailgate any day!
i might! i put about a million hours into this van so far (we call it "the ark" - we go 2 x 2). one way or another i am finishing it this summer. here is the inside so far.

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0168%281%29.jpg

IMG_0755.JPG

It ain't tailgatin' without some cornhole.

I see a bunch of Boilermaker shirts there but I'll forgive you for that.:D

It ain't tailgatin' without some cornhole.

I see a bunch of Boilermaker shirts there but I'll forgive you for that.:D

My wife and i went to IU, i live in a big red house and have a dog named Indy...it took me 6 months to be able to wear the purdue shirts without getting a rash.

Fosters - 8 servings
8 bananas, sliced
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 bag brown sugar
1/2 cup dark rum
3/4 cup banana liqueur
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

I'm still confused. . . . Is the part in red the title of the recipe or is it an ingredient of the recipe?

That is why I asked if you used 8 giant cans of Fosters beer?

sorry i thought you were kidding. i didn't mean to be rude and not answer. that is the title of the recipe. bananas foster is a well known desert made by pouring a banana goo similar to this over ice cream. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bananas_Foster

this is a breakfast version that pours the goo over pancakes. this video isn't the exact recipe i used but you get the idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky