Last Resting Place

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like a beautiful place to lay your head John. PA is a very nice state which I've traveled through numerous times.
Again. Thanks for the conversations we've had. You'll be missed. And remembered.

Just beautiful and great resting place John. You have helped me so much buddy. We will meet one day. I will be the one coming through the Red River.

Last Resting Place

I'm going to get you guys tired of me yet, but since I can still squeeze out one more post, I'll show you where I'm headed next, before I go:

Below is a Picture of My & My Brother Jim's family, from back in 2021, when they took Jim's ashes up to Saw Creek for eternal rest. Saw Creek was one of our favorite Trout Streams & Deer Hunting areas.
Years ago, Jim & I put our parent's ashes in "Red Rock Run", which is just a bit down stream of Saw Creek.
Then in July of 2021, this gang "Below" took Jim's ashes up. I was not able to make that trip.
Bear Jr held everyone's hand, one by one, so nobody would fall in the Creek, while they each poured part of the ashes into one of our favorite Trout Hot-Spots.

Now they all will be doing the same thing with my ashes. Then this journey will be over.

Until we Meet,
Bear

Bear Jr, Mrs Bear, and Bethany in the top left corner,
to the right of the bald guy with shades on:
If you look closely you can see a little part of Saw Creek behind My Sister
and her husband George, on the far right:
View attachment 655010

Bear
That's such a beautiful place.

Thank you for everything you've ever done and every way you've ever helped and positively affected me.

I am glad to have met you and interacted with you here through SMF.
My prayers are with you and your family and I wish you all the relief and joy of what is to come.

It's been an honor my friend! :)

John, I've been postponing my reply to this thread because I'm still having a hard time coming to grips with the reality of it. You've made an impact on so many here that your legend will live on forever, and I'm just glad I've gotten to know you thru our messaging and posts. Your final resting spot is beautiful and matches your soul perfectly.

Just know that whenever I open up a can of Spam. I'll get a little smile on my face thinking about you.

Chris

Thank you so much for being a true freind to all of us on SMF. I have learned so much from your Step by Step method of teaching. You have a wonderful family and many friends here also. Be at peace - Godspeed Bear. You are one of my favorites here on SMF. Please know I mean that.

HT - Dexter Gillespie - New Braunfels Tx

Reactions: JC in GB
I have only been on here for a few years, but you sure have helped me with my MES 30 many times. I use your "step by step index" often. I was sadden to read of your issues Bear.
Thank you and may God Bless!

Reactions: JC in GB
Man, this is so hard for me to take one of the last things me and my wife did together was visit you. I can only say that God has a place for you. Some day we will all meet again to smoke meat together.

Warren
To remind everyone, Warren HalfSmoked HalfSmoked lost his wife since that get together.
Peace to you as well, Warren.

John,

It makes me smile to know that you - and all your family - know right where you’re headed next. That’s a mighty pretty and peaceful spot, John...easy to see why it’s a place that means a lot to you! And I’ll just bet you guys pulled some fine trout out of that stream over the years!

Love and Peace to you and family, John…

From your friend in Oklahoma,
Red

Reactions: Bearcarver
Last Resting Place

I'm going to get you guys tired of me yet, but since I can still squeeze out one more post, I'll show you where I'm headed next, before I go:

Below is a Picture of My & My Brother Jim's family, from back in 2021, when they took Jim's ashes up to Saw Creek for eternal rest. Saw Creek was one of our favorite Trout Streams & Deer Hunting areas.
Years ago, Jim & I put our parent's ashes in "Red Rock Run", which is just a bit down stream of Saw Creek.
Then in July of 2021, this gang "Below" took Jim's ashes up. I was not able to make that trip.
Bear Jr held everyone's hand, one by one, so nobody would fall in the Creek, while they each poured part of the ashes into one of our favorite Trout Hot-Spots.

Now they all will be doing the same thing with my ashes. Then this journey will be over.

Until we Meet,
Bear

If you look closely you can see a part of Saw Creek behind My Sister and her husband George, on the far right & behind the left end.
View attachment 655010

Bear
That's a beautiful idea

Peace! And thanks for all you've done for your country and your fellow forum friends right here.

Last Resting Place

Until we Meet,
Bear

If you look closely you can see a part of Saw Creek behind My Sister and her husband George, on the far right & behind the left end.
View attachment 655010

Bear
Bear, that looks like a most peaceful place, it's beautiful and reminds me of a place I used to go trout fishing in the North Georgia mountains. Save me a fishing spot my friend

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky