Last minute smoked chx thighs

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by fowldarr, Aug 9, 2014.

1. fowldarr

fowldarr Smoke Blower

Well, I have been playing bachelor for the better part of the week, but the wife and kids will be home tonight, so she tells me about 4 that it would be nice if they had food when the got home (5hour lead time=last minute in smoking time)

So I threw some boneless thighs together, let them brine for a couple of hours, threw some rub on them' and Into the smoker, should be done about the time she gets home.

disco likes this.
  2. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You are going to be a popular man!

Disco

3. fowldarr

fowldarr Smoke Blower

The neighbor has already been over to see what is in the smoker....

4. disco

Oh, that's a bad sign. Soon there will broad hints requesting an invite. Make sure you start a tradition of him bringing the beverages.

Disco

5. fowldarr

fowldarr Smoke Blower

Part of the reason I do this is for the community aspect. I always cook too much and he knows it.

6. disco

Would you be interested in a fat old Canadian for a neighbour?

Disco

7. fowldarr

fowldarr Smoke Blower

Absolutely, word on the street is that fat old Canadians make the best neighbors

8. disco

Har! You have been lied to!

9. fowldarr

fowldarr Smoke Blower

I forgot the most important part!

10. disco

They look delicious. I have never done mine in sauce like that. I will have to give it a try.

Disco

11. fowldarr

fowldarr Smoke Blower

They came out ok. I made the mistake of brining for a couple of hours, and the I grabbed some rub I had previously put together that was also salty...so, they were a little salty.

As far as the sauce, it is just a little apple juice and chicken broth, keeps them from drying out. It mixes with the rub, and works pretty well, especially if you didn't have some significant brining time

12. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's part of the fun of Smoking . . . lure the neighbors in with the smell of Q. [​IMG]