Lasagna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
We started having our son and his girlfriend come out on Sundays for a nice meal since we don't get to see him much during the week, last Sunday he requested lasagna. So lasagna it is! Got the noodles started

20210214_113014.jpg

Got 2 lbs of pop's breakfast and 1 lb of burger fried up then added 3 bags of homemade meat sauce

20210214_113009.jpg

Shredded some smoked mozzarella and colby jack cheese

20210214_112950.jpg

Of course needed some sustenance... tomato beer

20210214_113052.jpg

Time to build, start with meat sauce then noodles

20210214_123340.jpg

Shredded cheese and cottage cheese

20210214_124501.jpg

Repeat layers until you end up with this

20210214_125425.jpg

Of course we needed some dessert so homemade coffee cake

20210214_153049.jpg

My piece, and yes we ate dessert before the lasagna even got put in the oven!

20210214_151311.jpg

And finally , the 8 1/2 lb lasagna

20210214_183126.jpg

My piece, and yes I only had one piece, we had been snacking all day since lunch

20210214_183242.jpg

Since it was so terrible cold out we told our son he didn't have to come out so we brought his in a day later. But man did this ever taste great and leftovers are just as good!

Thanks for dropping by!
Ryan

Where do I get in line Ryan? That looks fantastic. Nice and thick, hearty, and lots of meat...oh and cheese. Did somebody mention cheese? Lasagna is a favorite around here but it's kind of a lengthy process for me to make it just for the two of us so it doesn't get made often enough. Like many meals though, it is typically much better the next day. nice job my friend.

Robert

That's just as pretty as a picture can be Ryan, I'd be all over that, and the dessert too! Beautiful piece of work, Like! RAY

Where do I get in line Ryan? That looks fantastic. Nice and thick, hearty, and lots of meat...oh and cheese. Did somebody mention cheese? Lasagna is a favorite around here but it's kind of a lengthy process for me to make it just for the two of us so it doesn't get made often enough. Like many meals though, it is typically much better the next day. nice job my friend.

Robert
Thanks Robert, I appreciate it! We don't make it often anymore either, still getting used to just being the two of us so 1/2 was given to our son and some went into the freezer for meals down the road.

Ryan

That's just as pretty as a picture can be Ryan, I'd be all over that, and the dessert too! Beautiful piece of work, Like! RAY
Thank you Ray! Dessert really was good also...especially for forgetting to put in the lard. Had a tub that was frozen and were thawing it out to put in smaller separate containers, realized it after it was in the oven. Thanks for the like also, I appreciate it!

Ryan

Ryan that looks great except the light beer LOL
Richie

I gotta agree Richie. Not only the light beer but the tomato juice with it. Each to his own I guess :emoji_wink: In my world the words light and beer don't belong in the same sentence. If it's light it ain't beer. If it's beer it ain't light.

All that aside, you went and did it Ryan. I've been toying with a dinner idea for a while but have not pulled the trigger. Your post got me going on it though. All was going well till the power went out again 10 minutes after I got the dough started in the bread maker. Might have to knead it by hand now.

Robert

Looks fantastic . Cottage cheese in lasagna is a must for me .
Interesting use of Pop's breakfast sausage . I added fennel to some breakfast sausage I had one time . Really good .
Nice work bud .

We always make our lasagna a day or two in advance. Something my grandma taught me. Yours looks real good from my screen Ryan.

I just have one question. Bush light, tomato sauce mixed in a Coors glass.

Point for sure
Chris

Man that looks delicious Ryan. I'll have a corner please. No garlic bread?
Thanks Jake! I appreciate it! Maybe our son will give you a corner piece lol, but you probably have a better chance of hitting 70 degrees today for your temp! There was no room for garlic bread Sunday...think all I did was eat and snack all afternoon. But did have some Monday!

Ryan

Ryan that looks great except the light beer LOL
Richie
Thanks Richie, I appreciate it! Well ya know, I'm trying to stay in shape! And yes, round is a shape! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

I gotta agree Richie. Not only the light beer but the tomato juice with it. Each to his own I guess :emoji_wink: In my world the words light and beer don't belong in the same sentence. If it's light it ain't beer. If it's beer it ain't light.

All that aside, you went and did it Ryan. I've been toying with a dinner idea for a while but have not pulled the trigger. Your post got me going on it though. All was going well till the power went out again 10 minutes after I got the dough started in the bread maker. Might have to knead it by hand now.

Robert
Well if you wait your electricity will come back for a little bit, maybe! Better get kneading lol. In my defense, that was my wife's tomato beer, I tried it but still not my thing, just recently started liking tomato juice but not in beer. Don't drink much beer either way. Looking forward to your post!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky