Large Super Bowl Party today.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

h2so4ca

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Seattle WA
Last night I fired up my big pit to help a friend of mine with his Super Bowl party. Every year he throws a big party with about 100 people. This year since were in the show it will be larger. And every year I help him out buy smoking a ton of food. 

Last night the pork butts went on. 

Here they are after 10 hours at 220 deg.

Its a little hard to see but there are 8 pork butts averaging 9 to 10 lbs each.

Later this morning I will start the ribs. I only have 24 racks to put out for him.

I just glad he picks up the tab for the meat. 

Those are some beautiful butts!! Love the color.  I'm the odd man out here in that I don't like a heavy bark on pulled pork, or anything really. Those look damn near perfect to me!

Well the Super Bowl Party was a success, We had over a hundred people. And hell we not only won the

game but I guess you could say we beat up on the poor Broncos. As a matter of fact we actually had 5 Bronco

fans at the party.

Anyway I thought I show you a photo of the ribs.

I did 24 racks of ribs along with the Pork Butt, while everyone else was watching the game 

I was exhausted from all the activity of getting all of the meat ready. But it was a good time with a bunch

of great friends.  

Last edited:
Now that's the way to get it done!!!! Man those butts and Ribs look great! 

What type of Rub did you use on the Butts? love the color..

I make all of my own rubs, on the pork it was fresh cracked back pepper, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and a 

bit of a chili powder.

And thank you for the compliment. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky