Lang Mobile 60

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank You Richard, were really looking foward to it.
smile.gif

Way to go Bud and Theresa I'm happy for you. It's gonna be a whole new ball game but will have sweet rewards.

Hey, if your serious were thinking on maybe throwing our hat's in the ring in July for the Taste of Grand Rapids event. Here is the KCBS calendar, look at the dates of 7/13-7/14. Would love some help.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

http://www.kcbs.us/MonthlyContestLis...t_calendar.jsp

Thanks Marvin, I'm having dreams about starting and maintaining the perfect fire....lol. Should be interesting!!!

I can see a beautiful friendship starting here
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

i was eyeballing that same comp, theres only like 3 that i can find in the state, gotta start somewhere! maybe i'l catch up with you guys in chat this weekend, that sounds like a lot of fun though!

Hey Congrats there Theresa and Bud! That's an awsome unit you got there! Can't wait to see the pix from the first HUGE weekend smoke out!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for the calendar.........when we will be staying in the cabin this fall there is one in Oct in Nelsonville that we will go to ...not to cook but to check out

Thank you Debi.
icon_wink.gif

Sounds like another good one! What part of the state is Nelsonville in??

Congrats!!! Naming....Well take it from John Doe....Smoker Doe....or how about Doe Smoker!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Rots of Ruck with it!! I'm sure you'll learn fire control quickly. Can't wait to hear about your first smoke. So how much can it hold at one time?

Since we already have a stick burner named after the great southern general Robert E Lee sitting down in Texas, it only seems fitting to have one named after the northern general Ullyses S Grant sitting up there in Michigan. You probably don't want to mention that at the Lang plant though, them Georgia boys had a little difficulty with the general if I recall
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Rodger that is a great Idea. How about it Bud and Theresa do we have a General Grant. One thing about it the north and south Generals can get together and smoke some butt or ribs or briskets or anything they want to do.

That would be great. I think it is going to be somwhere downtown, I called today and they said the packet has been mailed so I should have it any time now and will let you know. If you want your own packet just call this number and they will send you one.

Taste of Grand Rapids & BBQ Competition
Contact: Rich Berry or John Bates, 77 Monroe Center, Suite 1000, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Phone: 616-776-5471 Fax: 616-242-9373
E-mail: [email protected]
KCBS Reps: CHARGOIS KENNY, SIMMONS MARK

BBQ Bubba is also planning on coming over, any help ya'll want to give would be appreciated. This will be a learning event for me, while I am going to throw my hat in the ring I'm more interested in getting my feet wet and enjoying the event,getting to know some folks and like I said, soak it all in and learn some things
Speaking of leaning, one of the things that I am looking to find is a canopy/tent. The EZ Up Eclipse II appears to be the right solution. Sam's says they don't carry them any more. The EZ web site store is very pricy. Anyone know where to find them at a good price?

LOL Roger! I'm thinking that might NOT be the way to go
biggrin.gif
But I sure could use some clever ideas. So far, this is what I've come up with: "Tonto's Tasty BBQ". The image in mind is a pig on a horse that is rearing up. This is where I am getting the graphics, I understand he is awesome. So come on folks, put those clever caps on and help me improve!!!

http://www.bbqlogos.com/

hee ae some pics of some new smokes im woking on. need sugestions on whet type equipment to load on my new tralier. thinking of a vetical, grill, fryer, and a propane setupp to keep everything smokin. this trailer used to haul cable for power com pny now you can imagine what im going to do with it.
cdbc8fec_vbattach12276.jpg

aec3c6da_vbattach12275.jpg

8cf80ee1_vbattach12274.jpg

f51c79c4_vbattach12273.jpg

Wow, that looks great Wild Cat!!! Love the swing out shelves, reminds me of Zardnock's Puff. Sounds like you got it figured out with the vertical grill, fryer, and a propane setup. Heck, you'll have a smoking kitchen on wheels!!! Keep us updated.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Have read 100lbs of food easy and 120lbs max. I would think it depends alot on what your cooking and taking up space with, but I'm a fixing to find out.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

That sounds like it would be a great time. As long as the two General's didn't get bloody.
eek.gif

Theresa the two generals would get along just fine as long as there was cold beer and maybe a little crown royal to boot Lol.

Well, The time is finally here. We are leaving tommorow for the long drive down to Goergia to pick up the smoker. It just so happens that Nahunta Goergia is right in the middle of the horrible forest fires they have going on right now. Talked to Ben Lang on the phone today and he said there is alot of smoke in his area, but no evacuations yet.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, things have just been a blur of activity with spring finally arriving in Michigan. Hope it will slow down soon.

As Meowey says " Take care, Have Fun, and Do Good!!!"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky