Landjaeger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Got everything mixed up, added the fermentation agent. Poked all the air holes, sprayed to get 90% humidity and into the bags, press and into the proofer at 75* for 18-20 hours.

IMG_6180.jpg

I have my grinder parts on them and few bottles of water.
IMG_6181.jpg

This is something my son really wanted me to make since he LOVES landjaeger. I've only started dabbling in sausage making and the fermentation process is a bit above my abilities at the moment. Perhaps one day I'll give it a shot.

Took the trays off to see how the press went. Press went good.

My pH is wonky between 5.0-5.19, checked another portion at the end and its bout the same 5.0-5.17

Going to hang and cold smoke anyways.
ljsm7.jpg

They is a full round of pecan dust down there. When it's done going to rest for an hour then give another round. (No heat from snoopy)
ljsm8.JPG

Reactions: nlife
Thats it on the smoke.
ljsm9.JPG

Now into the chamber.....30 days perhaps.
ljsm10.JPG

Reactions: crazymoon
Rick, They look good !
Thanks

I took the last med salami out. Dont think the LJ would have picked up and mold but just in case.

The sole surviver.........All the other salami that was hanging with this one are gone. Gave away.

IMG_6223.JPG

Got everything mixed up, added the fermentation agent. Poked all the air holes, sprayed to get 90% humidity and into the bags, press and into the proofer at 75* for 18-20 hours.

View attachment 682267

I have my grinder parts on them and few bottles of water.

i LOVE MAKING LANDJAEGER !!!
Will the tagging along for the ride on this one., i know it is going to be good.

HT

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky