Lamb Gyros on vertical rotisserie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
A few months ago I purchased a propane powered vertical rotisserie to make some gyros and it has been great.

I have made beef and lamb, lamb, chicken and lamb and chicken gyros and they have all came out amazingly well.

propane_verticle_rotissirie_007.jpg

This is for just lamb to get you started.

Leg of Lamb

1 large cumber

2 large vine ripened tomatoes

1 large red onion

Extra Virgin olive oil

Garlic powder (2 Table Spoons)

Oregano (1 teaspoon)

Rosemary (1 teaspoon)

Lemon (Juice it)

Salt ( 1 teaspoon)

Pepper ( 1 teaspoon)

Pita bread ( I buy from Costco premade)

Tzatziki sauce from Costco is better than what I make

Cut the tomatoes, Cucumber and onion into medium size chunks and set aside.

Slice the lamb into 1/2" wide slabs doing your best to get the widest pieces possible

marinate the lamb with the seasonings and 1 tablespoon of EVOO for a few hours.

You can cook the lamb in an oven but if you can get a vertical rotisserie it will be better.

Cook on the rotisserie until the outsides are crisp. Stop it and slice of the edges.

Turn and stop until you get all the way around then continue cooking.

Keep this up until you reach the center.

2022_12_01_gyro_01.jpg

2022_12_02_gyro_mini.jpg

Wonderful, another tool I'm going to research and probably buy. Thanks a lot!!!!
This looks amazing! I love gyros.

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
I want one.
I ate a thousand gyros in Germany and all were at donner kebab shops that were open after work hours. Just keep spinning and slicing and it cooks as you go.

Last edited:
I want one.
I ate a thousand gyros in Germany and all were at donner kebab shops that were open after work hours. Just keep spinning and slicing and it cooks as you go.
Thousand? Rookie numbers my friend! J/K. If I wasn't in the field in Germany. I had them 2-3 times a week. And there was a little cart on base that made the best burritos I've ever had. To this day. I'm still trying to figure out that recipe. I'm close though.

That is outstanding!

Being Armenian I grew up eating just like that.

That rotisserie is awesome.What brand and model?I gotta have me one of those.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky