Lamb by-product - Wool!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hockeydudde

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 31, 2022
New Mexico
I've posted here a bit about lamb, which I love. But as many know sheep have this annoying habit of growing wool. LOTS of it.
My wife did a great job setting us up an Etsy shop to sell said wool.
PXL_20221201_172130772.PORTRAIT.jpg

All natural colors as it grew in the sheep. No dies. Can't believe how beautiful it turned out.
PXL_20221201_172540331.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221201_172519267.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221201_172409663.PORTRAIT.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Good way to get rid of it. My wife makes hot pads and pot holders out of 100 % wool...good for around campfires. So did you have someone spin it for you? I think that's the right term.

Ryan

looks very nice and it's great that it's the natural colors!
Thanks!
Good way to get rid of it. My wife makes hot pads and pot holders out of 100 % wool...good for around campfires. So did you have someone spin it for you? I think that's the right term.

Ryan
Yes, there is a mill about 3 hours north of us that specializes in this particular type of wool.
As a former spinner, and a knitter, that is nicely spun yarn, and the natural colors are hard to beat. I hope the Etsy shop does well.
Thanks! Yeah, we are really happy with it this year. It came out really great. The color of the lambs wool is unbeatable!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky