Labor Day Sirloin Roast with QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wlkwichita

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Wichita Kansas
 13.8 pound sirloin roast from Sams. I also did my first batch of Dutch's beans and they were VERY popular.

Our guests have a 16 year old who has a legendary appetite. I cut him a steak from that roast that must have weighed 3.5 pounds. I wish now that I had weighed it, because he polished it off!! It took him awhile. He then ate two pieces of pie for dessert. I sent him home with a huge chunk of the roast and some Dutch's beans. And no, the BBQ sauce in the one picture was not used, just unloaded groceries. The roast had a light coating of EVOO, garlic salt, and CBP. The roast was injected with beef broth, Dales, garlic powder, and CBP.

A GOOD day!!!

4e76d678_Sirloinroastreadyforsmoker9-6-2010.jpg

6e6850af_Dutchswickedbakedbeans9-6-2010.jpg

8b06c841_sirloinroast9-6-2010.jpg

fea6a34c_Patwithhissteak9-6-2010.jpg

9f8e1778_Pathalfwaythrough9-6-2010.jpg

f42b1886_Patisfinished9-6-1020.jpg

Looks good I'll bet he was a bit full after all that!!!

Nice sirloin top butt roast, you did it perfectly, great job!  What was your internal? 

Great Job WLK !

You did an amazing job!

That had to be one happy (full) boy there!

I said something else, before I had to re-log-in and retype this because of getting bumped off again (after being on only 50 minutes), but I forgot what it was!

Guess it wasn't important.

Let's try to submit again,

I wish this getting bumped off crap would stop!

Bear

That is a great looking roast. I used to be able to eat like that when I was a kid and today I just look at food and gain weight  

Internal temp measured 132 to 138, depending on where the probe was inserted. I loosely tented it under foil about 15 minutes before carving. I LOVE this cut of meat!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky