Labor Day 2021 Throwdown

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
This months theme will be .......................................................

Throwdown.png

Labor Day BBQ and Pork

Talking with some folks and they said hey lets see their best idea for labor day bbq. Another said Pork should be the theme. So I decided that we want to see your best labor day plate and it has to include Pork. Pork can be the main protein or it could be an side but it has to be somewhere on the plate. Lastly and as always there has to be a smoked element to your dish.

All entries must have a description of what it is in the email and be just 1 picture. I don't care if you display it out on a cutting board or have to use multiple plates but it can only be 1 image. No collage's just 1 single unaltered picture.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

I can't wait to see this one unfold. It will run until end of day 9/7/21

The rules are the same and available HERE.

Code Word: Hardwork

Please submit all entries to me by the end of the day on 9/7/2021. Please email all entries to [email protected]

Good Luck everyone. Now get those wheels turning.

Last edited:
I'm going to be dreaming about pork, pork, and more pork now.......dang it!

So pretty much anything goes as long as Pork and smoke are involved?
Hmmm...

That is correct. We wanted this to be fun but also give lots of room for this huge community of great creative people.

Reactions: SmokyMose
Uh ohh! My wheels just started turning! I'm sure there is going to be some amaizing meals! 😁

This should be a fun one I can't wait to see what members come up with for it.
Maybe smoke a loin, butt, bacon, sausage then make a sandwich with all of it on it lol
I was in Dyersville, Iowa a few years ago and one night we ended up at a BBQ place and they had a sandwich very close to the above. No I did not go to the "Field of Dreams" as the corn in that whole area was not over about 4" high just the wrong time of the year.

This should be a fun one I can't wait to see what members come up with for it.
Maybe smoke a loin, butt, bacon, sausage then make a sandwich with all of it on it lol
I was in Dyersville, Iowa a few years ago and one night we ended up at a BBQ place and they had a sandwich very close to the above. No I did not go to the "Field of Dreams" as the corn in that whole area was not over about 4" high just the wrong time of the year.
Don't forget the forward high cuts of pork...... neck, jowl and snout. Then there is the south end.

Reactions: zwiller
Hi I posted this on the other post for the 2021 Throwdown, just looking to make sure I'm right before I send and that I forgot or have to register or missed something

So everyone I don't want to screw this up . I have looked over the rules and looked over some of the older Throwdowns

I do not have to sign up anywhere ? I just have to submit my single picture with the word " Hardwork" in the picture
only 1 picture and the theme is must have pork and some kind of smoking involved. Am I right
Do not post , but e-mail to Brian

I do not want to mess up my first try at this

Thanks in advance

David
SmokinEdge SmokinEdge said it looks like I have it right , I'm just making sure

Thanks

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky