• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Labeling items in pops brine

hayskip

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 8, 2016
Hi everyone. I have been learning so much from everyone I just have to give a shout out "thank you" to all of you. I do have a Question though. I smoked 25 lbs of bacon awhile back and my friends and family loved it. Needless to say it's almost gone. I did a dry cure but want to try pops brine this time. A few people want to supply me with their own pork bellies to do. Is there a way to label them in the bucket while they are brining so I can keep track of who gave me what?

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Stick them with plastic colored toothpicks. Or the swords they put in tropical drinks.

biteme7951

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2010
Just don't initial too close to the sampling end! :-)  (I call it smoker shrinkage on all meat smoked for others)!

Barry.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.