Knives for cutting meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Choices Choices!!!!!!!

Even though I have LOTS o knives in the kitchen I am currently in the process of making my own 4 piece set.....It will have a 7.75 inch Chef, 5.5 inch Mini Chef, 7.75 inch Slicer/Carver, 5.5 inch Mini Slicer/Carver....They will be out of AEB-L SS with a cryo treatment to target a RH of 60. They will have stabilized two tone hickory & mesquite handles with black G-10 and bass pins!!! I actually have wooden replicas I have been testing for comfort and function......Like I said a knife is a very personal choice!
Another Knife Maker !
I use 440C.

Reactions: civilsmoker
29924E48-1E6B-4F1C-B865-EC0C3FDB2A4B.jpeg
Never had a knife come with a book!

Ah who reads the instruction manual. Toss it and take a pic of the blade!

Ps DON’T put it the dish washer.....that’s all you need to know out of that book!

I still can’t believe how quick you bought that.

I can’t believe how quick it got here. In all honesty, I wanted that blade design for years but never knew it was called Cimitar, until this thread. So that and a little quick research and bam...late night shopping.

Oh and I’ll read the book. Cover to cover. Like I said I’ve got issues.
A4FD2A58-42A5-4201-9F7C-47A8F1A408CE.jpeg A332A85B-49AB-48A0-93DE-B1ABA56CDA93.jpeg 89AEA00D-28A8-43E0-966D-5A430AAB87CC.jpeg

You use your k-bars? lol man and I thought I was old...

At 49 you are just a young whipper snapper fella. My knife block and four Classic steak knives just arrived from Wusthof today, had the scissors and blade steel included. I've got two slots to fill on the block to complete my set. I'm ordering the Ikon Classic 9" Cooks Knife and the Classic 8" Bread blade, all my others just came out of the box. They should outlive me. RAY
DSCN1516.JPG

That's about the only way I could ever stay awake long enough to get a brisket done on my offset, one half at a time. RAY
Well I’m doing the All Things BBQ Texas brisket chili tomorrow. It calls for a smoked brisket flat, and I only have to smoke it for a few hours so it ought to be a quick and easy cook. Usually I smoke the whole packer.
C1FD74CE-CCBC-491A-AF4B-75FA38328741.jpeg 837AC5D4-21F9-4967-A46F-125F2CDDA3EA.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky