Klobasniky (Kind of)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
So I wanted to make some Klobasniky, sausage filled yeast doe pastries That are Czech in origin. But I decided to go with more of a empanada type filling.

So I marinated then grilled some pork tenderloin
DF87535E-DA7B-42DA-90AA-4D7298A5757B.jpeg

Then out of pure laziness, I used frozen yeast rolls from Rhodes that were “Texas style” they are just bigger dough balls. I thawed these and let them rise, then flattened them and filled them with the filling mixture of diced pork tenderloin mixed with Pueblo green Chile a little onion, cilantro and garlic, topped with mexican Oaxaca cheese.
8F234934-1B31-4DDD-BE2C-D83453ED6F54.jpeg

Bring up the ends of the dough and form a ball. Bake at 350* until golden brown.
B086CC96-8A76-490C-8894-9C82AF77CAE8.jpeg

Served with home made ham hock pinto beans. Was delicious.
B61747BD-2654-42A7-BB22-D96F0F745702.jpeg

I'll be working 85 lbs of pork butt tomorrow. I think I know what's for dinner that looks good.

Reactions: bauchjw
Wow! From the Title, I thought this was going a whole different direction!😀 Then I looked up the origin and a few recipes. Pretty cool. The meal looks great and I would have no problem with that plate...JJ

Nice . I bet that was good .
Thank you Chop. Was delicious and with the frozen yeast dough was fast and easy. Traditional klobasniky is filled with sausage, I will have to give that a go as well.
I'll be working 85 lbs of pork butt tomorrow. I think I know what's for dinner that looks good.
Let us know how it turns out.
Looks like an awesome belly warmer. Nice work bud
Thank you Mr. Jake. This was fast, easy, filling and delicious.
That looks like some tasty finger food for sure.
I bet with your creativity you would rock some of these, Jeff.
I'll take several! They look really good!

Ryan
Thank you, Ryan. These are very tasty.
Nicely done! Looks fantabulous!
Thank you, Inda. Going to stuff them with sausage next time.

That looks very good, I’m thinking a red chutney would put them over the Top.
Nice :emoji_thumbsup:
Thank you, Titch. I bet that chutney would be excellent with these, as would red Chile sauce.
Nice! That looks like a lot of fun to make…and eat! Great work!
Thank you. I do appreciate it.
Wow! From the Title, I thought this was going a whole different direction!😀 Then I looked up the origin and a few recipes. Pretty cool. The meal looks great and I would have no problem with that plate...JJ
Thank you JJ. I think a guy could get pretty creative with these for sure.
WOW!
That really looks good!
Nicely done!
Al
Thank a bunch, Al. I sure appreciate that.

Reactions: Titch
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky