• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

KJ Classic or PBK22

Chickenwings

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 10, 2019
It's a BEAUTY! I admit I like them all clean like that.

Congratulations on getting it all set up and ready! Well done!

deanokhan

Joined Jun 4, 2020
Did a burn in yesterday and made some revers seared t-bones for dinner. Hands down the best steaks we ever had. Used lanes bbq SPF53 dry rub, had a little heat so tasty

Attachments

Chickenwings

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 10, 2019
Nicely done! Looks great and I'm happy you liked it!! Congratulations on a great first cook!

Chickenwings

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 10, 2019
You're on a roll! In the -30's here now and while the Kamado can take the cold, I'm just not motivated....
Chicken looks great! Glad it's working out. Tasty?

deanokhan

Joined Jun 4, 2020
Beef cheeks with naan salad and chips.
Cheeks cooked at approximately 135c for 4 hours, wrapped in foil after 3 hours and place back in the grill until internal temp on 98c to pop the internal collagen seam.
Naan was just heated in bbq because it was already hot. Used @lanesbbqau magic dust. Sorry for the all the images.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chickenwings

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 10, 2019
Beef cheeks! An underrated cut to be sure. Done right, I've heard they're fantastic and yours look pretty darn good. You might be 'new' to this but you're certainly not a new cook. Very cool!

Hahahah "sorry for all the pictures"....kind of like "I'm just too happy". Good work there too, I sure enjoy the shots. Nice pictures too - well lit enough and composed nicely to make sense.

Now I'm hungry for beef cheeks......

deanokhan

Joined Jun 4, 2020
Definitely new to kamados. Cant wait to try ribs. Going to do a chuck roast this weekend. I am really happy with the KJ.

Chickenwings

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 10, 2019
Chuck roast was one of my earlier home runs. ALMOST brisket like and definitely fantastic. Sadly we can't get them in Canada....Ribs are probably the family and friends favorite.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.