Kingsford blue bag at lowe's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I was in Home Depot and they had 2 packs for $19!!!!!! Ha ha.... Went to customer service and told them about lowes. They looked it up
Online and matched it plus an additional 10%!

Well I was in Home Depot and they had 2 packs for $19!!!!!! Ha ha.... Went to customer service and told them about lowes. They looked it up
Online and matched it plus an additional 10%!
I just tried this to see if they would price match for me. I told them lowes has the exact same twin pack for half the price, and they didnt seem to care....
wife.gif

I just tried this to see if they would price match for me. I told them lowes has the exact same twin pack for half the price, and they didnt seem to care....:wife:

Should have asked for a manager. I mean, that's their company policy to do that.

hmmm...   oh well i went straight across the street and got my two bag limit at lowes.... i will prob get a couple more of those twin packs in the next few days.

Should have asked for a manager. I mean, that's their company policy to do that.

Absolutely,ask for a manager. Sometimes you can get a lazy butt that doesn't want to help you but usually they can't wait to help you out. And like nygiant says , it's their policy to price match.
Just be pleasant and you will get that deal.

Can't hurt.

Let's see; Kingsford is a mix of pulvererized softwood charcoal, ground coal, limestone dust, starch, sodium nitrate, borax. And you're worried about a small piece of wire?

Can't hurt.

Let's see; Kingsford is a mix of pulvererized softwood charcoal, ground coal, limestone dust, starch, sodium nitrate, borax. And you're worried about a small piece of wire?

Be honest with ya AK, guess I never looked at what was in KBB.... Used it off and on for years, but never looked at the ingredients ! Maybe a good time to switch to lump ? Hell I dunno ! LOL.

I don't think Richie was worried bout it, however.... he can chime in on that.... I think he was more just sharing what he found !

I use lump, only because I don't like the amount of ash that is left with briquettes, either Kingsford or even those that are nothing but powdered hardwood charcoal and a simple starch binder such as Kingsford Competition blend, or in my case Maple leaf briquettes.

Kingsford is the most popular charcoal in the US. McDonalds is the most poular burger. Doesn't say much.

I use lump, only because I don't like the amount of ash that is left with briquettes, either Kingsford or even those that are nothing but powdered hardwood charcoal and a simple starch binder such as Kingsford Competition blend, or in my case Maple leaf briquettes.

Kingsford is the most popular charcoal in the US. McDonalds is the most poular burger. Doesn't say much.

Well I can agree with ya on principle with the lump, I'll have to try it....However, I do use KBB... NEVER eat McD's ! I can't control what other folks do.... But I LOVE MY U.S.A !!! Take er easy there bro !

Can't hurt.

AK I am not worried,I was surprised to see it.

Richie

Man there is a lot of debate about KBB. I was worried about the ingredients too for a slow long smoke so I bought Stubbs.

Then I had a lot of people telling me the worry about what KBB is made from is over hyped. Man, just not sure which side is right. Oh well, I've come to the conclusion that I will grill with KBB or lump, and slow smoke with Stubbs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky